Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browse APIs across all SAP products

jadhvaryu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am independent developer and need to build a mashup in few business areas using SAP as one of the system.

I am looking for a way to know the APIs, web services, BAPIs etc that SAP products already have and documented to help me with understanding the scope of the services and way to consume.

It is bit urgent and hence would appreciate quick guidance.

Thanks!

Jaideep

• SAP Managed Tags:
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ElijahM
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Just to follow up on Murali's excellent answer, there are literally thousands of BAPIs, RFCs, etc. that have been generated across the entire suite of SAP products, so it is a bit untenable to find any one place (or anyone) that catalogs them all.

I would suggest starting with the explorer as suggested, and perhaps asking in the respective Suite communities for common/top services.

Regards,

Elijah

• SAP Managed Tags:
5 REPLIES 5

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jaideep,

I am not aware of a single place to find APIs for all SAP products. Hopefuly we will have this in the near future as part of API Business Hub on HCP. Currently, each Product maintin their own documentation on the APIs which are available. If you need to access something from Concur, you will have to go to Concur's help documenation to see the REST APIs which are exposed from Concur.

It would be good if you can share more info on which SAP system you are using and which functionality you are trying to use. Are you referring to a SAP ERP system  or a Cloud solution ? Based on the type of system, you can accordingly explore the relevant APIs. If you look at ERP system, there are plenty of modules and each of them have their own BAPIs and WebServices for a long time. In the last few years, OData services have been provided for selected scenarios in ERP system to build rich Web applications - They will help you when it comes to creating mashup applications.

So, let us know the specifics - SAP system, functionality and the UI technology which you use to build Mashups.

Cheers,

Murali

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

Thanks Murali for the detailed response.

I am interested in knowing BAPI and web services available in Business Suites - ERP, CRM, SCM.

Please let me know best way to know what api/services are available.

Best regards

jaideep

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

Hi Jaideep,

If you want to find all BAPIs, one quick way is to search for the objects BAPI* in transaction SE37. Another way would be to use the BAPI Explorer.

Most of the Web services delivered by SAP are listed in this Wiki page.

ES Bundles Available Today - Enterprise Services WIKI - SCN Wiki

I am sure there should be a place in SAP help where they have been properly documented, but I can't locate them as they have been moved. I would suggest you close this message and raise one specifically in

Cheers,

Murali.

• SAP Managed Tags:

ElijahM
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Just to follow up on Murali's excellent answer, there are literally thousands of BAPIs, RFCs, etc. that have been generated across the entire suite of SAP products, so it is a bit untenable to find any one place (or anyone) that catalogs them all.

I would suggest starting with the explorer as suggested, and perhaps asking in the respective Suite communities for common/top services.

Regards,

Elijah

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

Thank you Murali and Elijah. This is very helpful.

You have provided a lot to research. If i get stuck, will come back to you.

Best regards

Jaideep

• SAP Managed Tags: