Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breakpoint in Badi doesn't work always?

bart_mutsaerts
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm trying to debug a method of an implementated Badi (MB_DOCUMENT_BADI).

Therfore I put the hardcoded Break <user> command as first statement of the method (MB_DOCUMENT_UPDATE). With no result: the program doesn't stop at the break, although the Badi is executed...

In the end, I also did put a break (as only command) in the method which is executed before the MB_DOCUMENT_UPDATE method: MB_DOCUMENT_BEFORE_UPDATE

Result: the program stops at EACH break point now, also the break point in the method where it did'nt stop before...

After succesfully testing the Badi I transported it to our Quality System with the same result: no break-point reached although the code is executed ok.

Am I missing something?

I also tried to do it with soft breaks (session and external breakpoints): no results

Any help welcome

Cheers!

Bart

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member491305
Active Contributor

Hi,

THis BADI might get called during update task.That is why your normal break point didnt stop there.

Solution: You need to activate the UPDATE DEBUGGING Mode during debugging and then execute it.Then it will stop at the break point mentioned in the BADI.

In menu bar of classical debugger,look for Setting->Update debugging

Thanks,

Vigneswaran S

5 REPLIES 5

former_member491305
Active Contributor

Hi,

THis BADI might get called during update task.That is why your normal break point didnt stop there.

Solution: You need to activate the UPDATE DEBUGGING Mode during debugging and then execute it.Then it will stop at the break point mentioned in the BADI.

In menu bar of classical debugger,look for Setting->Update debugging

Thanks,

Vigneswaran S

0 Kudos

Oh boy...

Works as a charm now...

Thanks a lot mate!

0 Kudos

You are welcome...i hope u know if the answer is helpful..you can r e w a r d SDN helpers ...-:)It will motivate them for helping hand in future..

Thanks,

Vigneswaran S

0 Kudos

Thank you! Furthermore in GUI 750's Debugger Go Settings -> Change Debugger Profile/Settings. Than you will be found options there.

0 Kudos

Once Setting-> Update Debugging is marked, debugging would occur at the outermost form of BADI, if you want to find exactly where you would like to stop within the particular method, Hit F9 and fill out the name of class and method. Then you would be where you want to stop at