Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to Store a variable

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All,

I have requirement to store a value . The is requirement i have program within that i need to store a variable based in Client ID, but i don't want to store this in custom table, or text elements, or long texts, or memory ids

Which are other possible way to store a value and retreive during execution.

16 REPLIES 16

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

What about EXPORT ... TO DATABASE ... ?

Does this fit the bill

BR,

Suhas

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I mentioned not to store any table

My requirement may looks strange.

0 Kudos

What about Shared Memory Objects?

0 Kudos

Hi there.

Is this a question of security? If so, encryption could suite your needs ...

Regards

Valter Oliveira.

0 Kudos

But you said:

don't want to store this in custom table

But using EXPORT ... TO DATABASE ... you dont have to export to any custom table. SAP provides INDX table for this.

BR,

Suhas

0 Kudos

Micky,

That is possible option with Tcode SHMM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Trying to cover our tracks are we

Rob

0 Kudos

Yes,

But requirement goes something like this way.

Currently i am coding in design system. but business owners wants donot create custom table or not hardcoded in program or not to use store in it long text, or in memory.

I tried to convince business, but failed.:)

0 Kudos

> Yes,

>

> But requirement goes something like this way.

> Currently i am coding in design system. but business owners wants donot create custom table or not hardcoded in program or not to use store in it long text, or in memory.

>

> I tried to convince business, but failed.:)

>

> a®s

Hello,

If you check INDX table, the data is stored in RAW format & the user will not be able to see it. Can you convince them about this?

But we need to store it somewhere. I think in they want to store the data in "THE MATRIX", do they ?

BR,

Suhas

0 Kudos

User want's to NOT store this in any tables including INDX They wanted to be NOT visible in any way. but this should be retrieved only during execution of the program

0 Kudos

Then i think my suggestions should stop . But please share your methodology with us as your requirement does seem to be an offbeat one.

Well, this all seems silly, but you haven't said that they don't want it stored in a file on either the application or presentation server.

@Rob: You lightened up my eyes

Good Luck !!

0 Kudos

> User want's to NOT store this in any tables including INDX They wanted to be NOT visible in any way. but this should be retrieved only during execution of the program

>

> a®s

They wanted to be NOT visible in any way

I think they require absolute privacy, but u need to store data somewhere, so you can convince them about encrypting the data according to the encryption standards thus ensuring absolute data secrecy.

0 Kudos

Also you could look at the possibilty of applying some steganography.

what is the amount of data.

Edited by: Kartik Tarla on Oct 8, 2009 12:22 AM

0 Kudos

is it only for security reasons? if yes then why not use encryption? encrypted data cant be decrypted easily without the original encryption key, you can use your own encryption method in the program.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, this all seems silly, but you haven't said that they don't want it stored in a file on either the application or presentation server.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it is connection logon data, then you can use the SecureStore area (see transaction SECSTORE).

However you cannot use it directly from your own program (the call stacks are protected, in addition to them being kernel functions). But what you can do is save the data in SM59, SICF, SPROXY, SLD customzing, LDAP bind settings, SAPhone, CCMS messages, etc. and call them from your ABAP program.

Cheers,

Julius