Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best place for CUA

Former Member
0 Kudos

We've got ECC, BW, XI, EP, SolutionManager installed and want to implement CUA.

I want to know your comment on:

• One CUA or more CUAs, we have 3 systems (DEV, QAS, PRD) landscape for each system.

*Where is the best place for CUA?

TIA.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team FI,

There are other factors that may be considered when deciding where to put CUA. For example:

• Are you using Indirect Assignment of roles also? If so, then simplicity would say, put the CUA on the same system as the HR module (saves having to ALE over the PD object -> Role relationships to different CUA system).

• High availability - normally your ECC system would have the highest availability due to the critical nature and impact on business, so it would make sense to put it on your ECC system if this is the leading factor.

• What is your role integration strategy like? I know some clients that have excellent integration across all systems such that a 'role' is defined as all of the access that you require inclusive of all SAP systems, and LDAPs. If this is the case, then you can have a single CUA system. Assign ONE composite role to the user, which then provisions out single roles to all of the other SAP systems (including non-prod) and synchronises with your LDAP. If your role integration is not as 'good' as this, then you may consider having two CUA systems. One for the prod systems, and the other for the non-prod systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

most important factor in determining how to setup the CUA is:

how does your user management process look like, or how do you want it to be in the future.

I suggest you first describe that process (not necessarily here in the forum, of course;).

I think the result will likely show that you want one CUA. This is because you have one group of user administrators and they can maintain users in one central place rather than 3 "central places"... (no real gain here).

But remember you need a DEV system for CUA. this is not a CUA for productive usage for DEV systems but simply a DEV system for CUA.

The question on where to set up the CUA depends on performance, release states in your system environment etc. Recommendation is to have CUA on the highest available release/highest rel. in landscape.

If you have a "somewhat smaller" number of users and therefore not so many changes and Idocs, then chosing the ECC system certainly is not wrong.

For bigger installations, a dedicated system might be required.