Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a doubt on BDC. Suppose am uploading the sales orders from a legacy system to SAP. In legacy system sales order number is not there but in SAP Sales order number is mandatory. Then how to solve this type of problems in SAP?

Thanks in Advance

Ravi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you ever created a Sales Order in SAP system using VA01 transaction.

There is no need to give the sales order Number.

The system will create the number automatically.

But as a reference in one of the fields we have to keep the Old Order No(customer's ref) and have to upload that field also in some SAP field.

So New number will be generated by system and assigns.

reward if useful

regards,

ANJI

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you ever created a Sales Order in SAP system using VA01 transaction.

There is no need to give the sales order Number.

The system will create the number automatically.

But as a reference in one of the fields we have to keep the Old Order No(customer's ref) and have to upload that field also in some SAP field.

So New number will be generated by system and assigns.

reward if useful

regards,

ANJI

0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

Thanks for your quick reply. Can you clarify if the system is automaticaly takes the sales order number then in flat file we have to supply one dummy data to the number or it doesn't needs any column for sales order number in flat file.

Regards

Ravi

0 Kudos

hello,

while uploading salea orders there is no need of giving sales order,first check what are the mandatory fields while creating sales order.po.no,sales org,sold to party.ship to party ,matnr,menge,werks,netpr are mandatory

regards

ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

While creating sales order in VA01 sales order number is not at all necessary. only after the sales order is created it will give the no. The mandatory fields are sold to party, ship to party and purchase order no. Even if u dont have purchase order no u can type TEST or DUMMY there. I think i have clearly answered ur question.

please give 10 points