Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bdc uploading

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Any one could tell me that I have to upload text file in to the presentation server from non sap system. So what's the meaning of storing data in to the internal table or transaction. What is the difference between that.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can not download the data into Application server directly from a NON sap system, you need to upload the data from the non SAP system then store it in the Internal table then move the internal table data into the Application system, then you can delete the internal table data using the REFRESH comand.

Here internal table is a placeholder to hold the data to paas it to the APplication server

Regards

Sudheer

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can not download the data into Application server directly from a NON sap system, you need to upload the data from the non SAP system then store it in the Internal table then move the internal table data into the Application system, then you can delete the internal table data using the REFRESH comand.

Here internal table is a placeholder to hold the data to paas it to the APplication server

Regards

Sudheer

0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

Yes u r right. But could you tell me what is the meaning of storing data in internal table or in transaction. What is the diff between both of this.

Thanks....

0 Kudos

Hi,

To upload data from non-sap systems you have to Transfer it into i_tab and then u can give refer that in transaction using i_tab in recording of BDC.

Jogdand M B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Storing in Internal table is a temporary storage, i mean once the Program is ended thne the data will not avilable in the Internal tables, but in the Transactions it will stored in the database, once you store and save the data then it will store in the database, and you can see the data from the transaction after completing the Program or after completing the process

Regards

Sudheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Storing data in internal table means, it contain many records. Transaction shows only once record value on screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

in order to upload text file from non sap system to application server or transaction, first u have to upload into internal table, this internal table data is available only during the program execution. from internal table we can move it to application server or transaction.