Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDC Recording: Can we read a message which is there in column of ouput alv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a scenario, were I am recording a Transaction, and output of the transaction is in ALV list diaplay.

And I want to record particular message of a column and if I get that message then I want to do some execution operation.

I want to know that: In recording through SHDB Tcode, it record screen position(ok code). Is it possible to read the message and if that message exits then only it should execuite the step else it should skip that step.

Example: In out ALV there is a column "Error msg" and I want to execute next step only for particular message.

3 REPLIES 3

former_member189779
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I do not think you can read the value during recording. Can you explain why you want to do it this way? Why you have choosen this approach?

regards

Vinit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The requirement is that: There is a daily job and its done manually, and we want to automate the process and schedule the job daily. In this we came across one scenario were for a perticular error we have to skip one step.

0 Kudos

HI,

In you case you can try different approach

Create separate jobs for each step. Check for the condition you want from job log. If it meets raise a event to start next job which will be your secoond step.

refer http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1355940

regards

Vinit