Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDC Programme

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to create a BDC program to load data to the technical vault using transaction cv02n. It fails with the message "Select an original application file first".

This is because the BDC prog does not select a file from the "Originals" table at the bottom of the screen, and I cannot get it to select any of the items listed in this table.

The actual recording shows a field name of 'BDC_SUBSCR' with a value of 'SAPLCV110 0102SCR_MAIN''. When I convert this to a program, this step is ignored.

Can anyone suggest how I might overcome this?

3 REPLIES 3

andrea_galluccio2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the 'N' of the CV02N trx means "NEW".

The 'N' transactions use sapgui controls that cannot be recorded and inputed by a standard batch input.

You can solve problem in two different ways:

Use the "old" transaction (CV02) also if the system, say it is obsolete. Otherwise, try to search if there is a BAPI (trx BAPI) that do the same task of CV02N trx.

Hope it helps

Andrea

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andrea is right.

YOu cannot do a bdc for SAP Enjoy transactions like me21n,vl02n, cv02n etc..

The sap enjoy transaction use gui control elements which are not supported by bdc logic.

YOu have to use the bapi BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHANGE2 or do a bdc for cv02 transaction as Andrea suggested.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

good

have you done the recording properly for vb02n,if you have done it properly than check with the recording data,

there must be one cursor missing somewhere that is the reason you r getting BDC_SUBSCR with a value of SAPLCV110 0102SCR_MAIN error.

do a demo recording and check each and every field with the recording that you have used in your BDC report.

thanks

mrutyun^