Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDC for VA41 - No message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to create a contract using BDC on VA41. i am completely running through the transaction from SHDB. and finally when i click on SAVE, it doesn't give me any message stating the contract is created. It only says, Recording completed, Transaction has been transferred.

Even when i run the created program separately, it doesn't say anything. not even error message.

Can anyone help me please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the contract actually created?

Rob

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you recording transaction flow through SHDB it will give message saying Contract is create but immediatly it will say Recording completed. Both message comes so fast you will not see the first one.

And regarding when you use BDC data with call transaction VA41 it will not give any message but it will populated into messagetab option with call transaction. So you read it from messagetab.

0 Kudos

Even messagetab doesn't have any messages.

0 Kudos

Check the declaration of messagetab(BDCMSGCOLL).

Put a break point at call transaction statement and check immediately after processing the statement.

you should get messages.

Thanks,

Rajesh.

0 Kudos

Hi,

The message table only gives me the success messages that occur (missing condition XXX etc) while the transaction is running. But no message like "Document/contract created.....". Before saving i even did Edit->incompletion log. It says the document complete. that message also is shown in the message table.

I am on ECC 5.0

Please advice.

0 Kudos

I find that very strange. When using the extension MESSAGES into ITAB. All messages of the transaction should come back thru ITAB including the success message with the contract number.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the contract actually created?

Rob

0 Kudos

No the contract is not getting created. ACtually i should say i dont know coz there is no number or message which says that it is created.

Is there is any setting like 'test run' that i am setting unknowingly. But i am only running the program created by the system.

0 Kudos

I'm not familiar with contracts and I don't have access to a system right now, but if you know which table holds contracts you can easily look at it and see if you've created anything.

You could also do a performance trace while the program is running and see what is being updated.

There is no 'test run' indicator for a standard BDC. You would have to code it yourself.

Rob

Message was edited by: Rob Burbank

0 Kudos

Rob,

thank you very much for the idea. It is creating the document. But the success messages was not coming in the messages tab. I don't know why. something is better than nothing. Now atleast i can get the latest document number from the table and display a custom messsage.

thanks a lot for the idea.

Any idea what could be the reason for it not to show the "Document created" message. Other than this it displays everything else.

0 Kudos

When you run the transaction manually, what success message do you get?

Are you creating a BDC session or using call transaction to run the generated program? If it's BDC, you won't be able to put the messages into messagetab. They will be in the batch input log.

Is this an EnjoySAP transaction?

You can you run the BDC or call transaction showing all screens. Note all the messages. If you have to press any key other than 'enter', it will indicate a problem.

Rob

Message was edited by: Rob Burbank

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.