Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDC-call transaction - Error Msg is showing as 'Success' msgtyp = 'S'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , I have created A BDC for change customer datas. ( XD02).

when passing to the bdc - i have given wrong REGION code , when my bdc executes it should throw an error with the error field correct !!!.

But No data has been changed in the backend......

But my BDC throws "Success message" but in the msgv1 column = 'it shows the error'.

msgtyp = 'S'

msgv1 = ' addr-regio'

Ref : BDC call transaction in background mode. (xd02)

how do we resolve the issue.....

Your speedy response is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Girish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member212653
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think these messages are configurable..and their type can be changed through config. Talk to your fuctional guy once...if no solution is found then check for the message number and message variable and handle it accordingly in your code.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use the Session method also in synch with the Call transaction this will resolve your issue.

As implicit error log is autoomataicly genearetd for this Session

check the error log in the Session for the further details on this error.

check the Sy-Subrc value of the Call transaction and send the error ones to the session methods like Open_session, BD_INSERT, Close_Session so that we can know the errors clearly.

Using the Call transaction, the errors are not clearly stated. The cause of the errors are also not shown.

Or send this Message Internal table to the FORMAT_MESSAGE to know the error clearly.

Regards

Lekha

former_member212653
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think these messages are configurable..and their type can be changed through config. Talk to your fuctional guy once...if no solution is found then check for the message number and message variable and handle it accordingly in your code.