Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDC another screen display not in recording ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a BDC for Quotation creation using HBS2.

The execution per screen works fine for the old company code created previously.

But when a new company was created, using the same BDC a new screen appears not in the recording and the effect is that the sequence of screen execution is lost as a result producing an error message field "VBKD-IHREZ" does not exist in screen.

Thanks a lot.

Kath

7 REPLIES 7

former_member404244
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to do BDC fof the new company code and in the program first check if it is a old company code or new company code based on that you can call the new company code screen logic ELSE you can skip that.

Regards,

Nagaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathy,

You can run BDC in forground & check on which screen this message is coming, then you should check for old company code in the same mode (foreground) and then you can see & analyse what you have missed & can check the code as well in sequence.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh,

Have tried comparing the bdcdata for both new and old company, except for the values needed in the fields the entire screen sequence is identical.

When I manually click the screen where BDC will look for VBKD-IHREZ, the screen not in the recording did not display.

Thanks.

Kathy

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are getting different screen flow for different actions, then you should record all possible scenarios first. Then anayse what are the differences and accordingly put the logic.

Here, you can have two recordings. One for existing company code and another for new company code. Check first whther company code already exists (check table T001W, if just plant check require. I don't know your exact scenario). If exists first recording. Call different screens conditionally.

Let me know whether it helps or describe your problem in the details.

Thanks & Regards,

Anil Salekar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Adarsh Jain said, you can follow that process else you can try to create the Quotation manually with the same data which is coming through the BDC you will know exactly why that screen field is triggering for the new company code.

--

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

I have tried to manually encode the quotation using HBS2 but the screen that causes the error in BDC is not visible.

So I find it weird that creation of quoation for old company as well as doing it manually thru HBS2 works fine without the screen with error in BDC. This screen is visible only in BDC when creating of quotatation for new company.

Thanks a lot.

Kathy

0 Kudos

Hi,

Did u tried to create the Quotation manually with the New Company Code? If not try this. If you found the screen flow is changing for the new company code, make the necessary changes in the BDC Program for the new company code.