Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BD87 TID, resending the IDOC with status03

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am sending IDOC to Business connector, then BC(business connector) will send that IDOC to FTP server. But some IDOCs are in error state that i found in BD87 transaction under "entries in TRFC queue" saying that: FTP connection could not be established"

I want to know that: "Once IDOC is sent from SAP to BC, IDOC status is 03, but it is in error , as i mentioned above, so will SAP will resend the same IDOC again, or I have to send the same IDOC by WE19 tosimulate the scenario again."

ALso it will be helpful if someone can give me information regarding IDOC monitoring and TID?

Thanks,

Divyesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP dont resend the IDocs. You have to re-send them. You can do that using WE19. But best way is to use BD87. Difference is WE19 will create a new IDoc and sends it. BD87 dont creates new IDoc. it just re-sends the IDocs. In general we will use BD87 when the IDoc from SAP is in error state. But in this case too you can go for that.

But before that you try to resolve that FTP Connection issue. Through SM59 TRFc try to establish connection and check whether it is connecting properly or not. You can take BASIS people help in case you are unable to resolve the problem. Send Idocs only when you are able to CONNECT to BC succesfully through SM59.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP dont resend the IDocs. You have to re-send them. You can do that using WE19. But best way is to use BD87. Difference is WE19 will create a new IDoc and sends it. BD87 dont creates new IDoc. it just re-sends the IDocs. In general we will use BD87 when the IDoc from SAP is in error state. But in this case too you can go for that.

But before that you try to resolve that FTP Connection issue. Through SM59 TRFc try to establish connection and check whether it is connecting properly or not. You can take BASIS people help in case you are unable to resolve the problem. Send Idocs only when you are able to CONNECT to BC succesfully through SM59.

0 Kudos

Hi Rama Jyothi,

Thanks for your reply.

But I have created TCP-IP type connection from SAP to BC server, which is successful.

The problem is: IDOC sucessfully reaches at BC, but BC is not able to deliver it to FTP server. And I can see the same error of FTP error in BD87, SM58. The Status of IDOC is 03(IDOC sent to port ok) in WE02.

Now I want to again send the IDOC to BC to verify connectivity between BC and FTP server. I dont want to use WE19, as it will create duplicate IDOC right?

Thanks,

Divyesh