Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BD64 - Unable to create filters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinna,

In BD64, I'm trying to create filters, but after I change from display to change mode, my Distribution Models are still grayed out, so i'm not sure If i'm being directed to the correct menu. And just to be clear I'll lay out my steps:

I double click on the "No filter set", a "display filter" menu comes up with no options on it. However when I click on "Filter Mode Display" I get some changes, I'm not sure if that's where I need to be to create my filters. Please help!

Thanks,

Samer

8 REPLIES 8

0 Kudos

you need to create the filter group & add the field first.

0 Kudos

I'm not sure how do I create those..

Sorry for creating this here I did a search for BD64 before and all posts where in ABAP General

rainer_hbenthal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Those which are still greyed out were replicated from another system. You need to change them in the original system and then replicate them again.

Use the appropriate forum next time cause this has nothing to do with abap.

0 Kudos

Hi Rainer,

Thanks a lot for the good feedback. I'll give you more explanation.

We've copied the QA DB to PRD and that proves your explanation, however the connections weren't there and I had to create them. Would they still be greyed out for that?

0 Kudos

Goto transaction SE16N, choose table TBD00, enter the edit mode via &SAP_EDIT and change the maintenance system field to the original system and save.

After that you can edit your filter.

0 Kudos

Hi Rainer,

Thanks for your help, i was able to click on every distanation where I changed the system to the required one. And then I was able to see the "create filter" menu.

Thanks again!

Samer

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI sameer,

Filters are two types in CDM, they are Data Filters & Segment Filters.

If you want to create Data Filters, first go in change mode after adding the Message Type to the Model View in the Below ' NO Filter Set' will be there double click on it it will open another window in that 'Create Filter group' Tab will be there click on it and Filter Group will be there then assign values to the fields and save the Model view and put that model view in a CTS.

Best Regards,

Sreekanth.

0 Kudos

thanks for the info Sreekanth