Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BD64 issue having ECC + BI on the same client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

We do have a small instance having ECC and BI in the same System.

The ABAP RFC connection is fine and when Replicated in RSA1 Datasources from SourceSystem R3 went fine.

But I think we have an issue with the Idoc settings.

Went through the doc [http://ecohub.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/908836c3-7f97-2b10-4cb8-e6790361c152?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true] and found that when BD64 it asks me the Sender / Receiver to be different.

Though as mentioned in our case it is the same.

It is really needed to update these settings in BD64 when both systems are in the same System?

Thank you,

A.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

asik_shameem
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

In general, SAP does not allow the sender and receiver to be same. I am just wondering, how you have R/3 and BI in the same client. So that means, once you are logged in the system, you are able to access both R/3 and BI transactions. Is it like that? In that case why do you need interface between the system?

If you have different login for BI, you create a logical system for BI in R/3 system and assign that logical system in the distribution model of R/3 as a receiver.

3 REPLIES 3

asik_shameem
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

In general, SAP does not allow the sender and receiver to be same. I am just wondering, how you have R/3 and BI in the same client. So that means, once you are logged in the system, you are able to access both R/3 and BI transactions. Is it like that? In that case why do you need interface between the system?

If you have different login for BI, you create a logical system for BI in R/3 system and assign that logical system in the distribution model of R/3 as a receiver.

0 Kudos

Hi Asik,

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, that is right.

We access BW and R3 through the same logon.

I found the issue though !!

Would explain it in case someone faces a similar issue.

1- The ABAP RFC connection was fine.

Tested and transfered the DataSources fine.

2 - though there was still an issue with table RSBASIDOC not showing Transfer Structure field.

Solution:

Read

u2022 http://ecohub.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/908836c3-7f97-2b10-4cb8-e67903...

u2022 Setting up Connection between BW and R3 for Data.pdf

u2022 Step by Step on Changing ECC SourceSystem without affecting Datamodel Objects in BW.pdf

Followed the post:

Step by Step on Changing ECC SourceSystem without affecting Datamodel Objects in BW

1. Go to WE20 and check whether Partner profile T90CLNT090 exist in LS type,if not just add Parnter profile with same and save.

Partner profile Name: T90CLNT090

TYPE: LS

Give:

Ty: US

User: User Name

Lang: EN

and Save.

2. Again re-click on Partner Profile: T90CLNT090

you will see ,there will be some entries in Inbound & out Bound Tabs.

Delete the following from outbound:

1.RSRQST

Delete the following from inbound.

1.RSINFO

2.RSSEND

and save your partner profile.

3. now execute - RSA1, it will ask to active Workbench. Just activate it . it will work now.... Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution Given.