Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BD56

Former Member

Hi,

Can any one explain me how to use transaction BD56. and its significanse..

thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is for changing the segment filters for the IDOC created, for the partcular message types.

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Whenever you want to filter specific segment related to a message type you

can use this transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know what it does.. I want to know how we do it.. I want to reduce the message type MATMAS.. so want to know the Steps in doing it..

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I know what it does.. I want to know how we do it.. I want to reduce the message type MATMAS.. so want to know the Steps in doing it..

But this is what you had initially asked for .

Can any one explain me how to use transaction BD56. and its significanse..

Just give your sender system, reciever system details along with the segment type that you

want to filter and save.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Did you try to search SCN or even got the TCODE and read the documentation..

Please proceed.

Cheers,

manas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The step to reduce Idoc through BD56 is

1. In the first screen enter the message type assigned to the reduced Idoc type. This name must start with a Z. For exp Reduced message type for MATMAS could be ZMATMAS.

2. Click the create button and enter the name of standerd message type and give ashort description for the new one.

3. The system copies the latest cersion of the IDOC associated with the message type. By default only the mandatory segment got activated. you must activate addtional segment you want add. click the segment you want to add and click the select button. the color of the segment turn from red to white.

4. Activate the fields in the active segments. The system display a list of fields in the segment,mandatory fields are activated and in green statusto activate additional fields, click the check box next to the field and then click the select button. Core fields change

Edited by: Sathish Raj on Jun 1, 2009 11:47 AM