Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI update MM master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I have one problem need your help.

When I use BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA to update material master data.

ML_ACTIVE

ML_SETTLE

Those two fields can not update.  (MM356  = The material 0725200257 has been created or extended)

How can I solve it ?

I will appreciate your help.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Some records of MBEW are total records, so not every field is available.

e.g. check bwtty = space or ( bwtty <> space and bwtar <> space ), adjust with your Customizing.

Also some of the MBEW fields can no longer be changed thru master data transactions once there were material movement(s) or non zero stock(s), are you able to change the fields thru MM02. If another transaction as MR21 is required the BAPI has very low chance to be able to modify the value as it it unable to post some required generated FI document(s) and update some other tables.

Regards,

Raymond

PS: 356(MM) is a success message, were other messages raised as warning or information ?

2 REPLIES 2

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Some records of MBEW are total records, so not every field is available.

e.g. check bwtty = space or ( bwtty <> space and bwtar <> space ), adjust with your Customizing.

Also some of the MBEW fields can no longer be changed thru master data transactions once there were material movement(s) or non zero stock(s), are you able to change the fields thru MM02. If another transaction as MR21 is required the BAPI has very low chance to be able to modify the value as it it unable to post some required generated FI document(s) and update some other tables.

Regards,

Raymond

PS: 356(MM) is a success message, were other messages raised as warning or information ?

0 Kudos

Hello Raymond,

Thanks your help.

I will test it.

Regards,

Stanley