Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI to change Symptom/Solution in Solution Database?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

can anybody tell me, with which BAPI (or Program)i can change a symptom or solution in the Solution Database?

Thanks in advance!

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try

BAPI_SOLUTION_GETDETAIL Get details about solution

ISBF_CHECK_SOLUTION SDB: Existance check for Solution number

ISBF_GET_SOLUTION Reading and outputting Solution

Cheers

usman

0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for your answers. The BAPI 'ISBF_GET_SOLUTION' can only read solution and show you the content of the solution, but not change anything. Have you used this BAPI to change the solution before?

0 Kudos

ISMA_CREATE_CHANGE_SOLUTION may be helpful to you.

0 Kudos

The BAPI 'ISMA_CREATE_CHANGE_SOLUTION' is in charge of Dialog for Symptom/Solution, it will be invoked when you run transactiohn 'os01'. This BAPI has many Dynpros, from which i got Problems in debugging. That is also a reason why i set my question here.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I've the same problem. Did you find any solution?

I've tryed to use function CRMXIF_SOLUTION_SAVE and CRMXIF_SYMPTOM_SAVE but, althought it seemed to be supported, the update task doesn't work...

Best regards.

Thanks in advance.

Stefano

0 Kudos

Hey Stefano

unfortunately - as described in the function module online documentation - the update of solutions and/or symptoms will not be working.

Here's the fm-documentation-text in german:

Das Feld TASK in den Kopfdaten gibt die Methode an (S oder für Anlegen, D für Löschen).

Das BDoc unterstützt z. Zt. das Ändern vorhandener Probleme nicht. Obwohl der Kopf ein Änderungskennzeichen DATAX_HEADER hat, die Listen der Kurz- und Langtexte über ein UPDATE_FLG-Feld verfügen, und alle anderen Komponenten ein DATAX-Kennzeichen haben, dienen diese Felder ausschließlich möglichen künftigen Entwicklungen (bei denen sie Änderungen kennzeichnen würden).

I'm trying to create symptoms and solutions using those 2 function modules, but so far without any succes...

CRM-development is trying to help us out right now.

Kind regards,

Fedi

0 Kudos

Hello Fedi,

I asked the same with an OSS message but the answer were not complete. If CRM development release something new please let me know.

Kind regards

Stefano

0 Kudos

Hallo Federico

Bisch Du dä, wo im 1985 mit üs in La Neuveville gsi isch? Gruess - Claudia

0 Kudos

Hallo Claudia

ja, i bi "dä" wo im 85/86 z Neuveville isch gsy )

Itz muesch mir aber uf d Schprüng häuffe, wär Du bisch, wüu mir Di Nachname nid glöiffig isch.

Liebe Gruess us Bärn u bis gly,

Fedi

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Checkout the BaPI

BAPI_SOLUTION_GETDETAIL

and link for BAPI ..for future refernce

http://www.planetsap.com/LIST_ALL_BAPIs.htm

Hope this`ll help you

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, we're in the process of implementing SDB. Interfacing from a master system to CRM 4.0, including Problem/Solution Change functionality (deltas). I now have the Change functionality working. Basically you have to:-

Copy BAPI_SYMPTOM_CREATE to ZBAPI_SYMPTOM_CHANGE.

Copy FM CRM_ISME_SYMPTOM_CREATE to ZCRM_ISME_SYMPTOM_CHANGE. Plug this into the ZBAPI (data interface is the same throughout).

Modify ZCRM_ISME_SYMPTOM_CHANGE so that the "Create" flags are replaced with Update flags. This is in forms fill_dismp, send_logtext. You must create Z versions of those forms. You also need to call FM ISMB_GET_SYMPTOM before FM ISMB_FILL_BUFFER_FROM_WA, as you need to fill the "D" buffer.

Yu can then test in SE37, running "test sequences" with BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT to post.

You can then use transaction BDBG and a Sub Type Business Object in SWO1 for BUS1174 to explode a new IDOC around the Change BAPI - and hey presto - you have a working Change IDOC. You can continue to use the standard XIF IDOC IDOC_INPUT_CRMXIF_SYMPTOM_SAVE for Create & Delete.

Same processing applies losely for SOLUTIONS.