Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_PO_CREATE1

sudarshan_b
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I am trying to create a Purchase Order (PO) with the reference of Purchase Requisition (PR).

I tried creating the PO through ME21N giving reference of PR and it was working fine. A new PO is created.

Now I am trying to create PO using the bapi BAPI_PO_CREATE1. I passed all the required and same data that I was using for creation of PO in ME21N.

The BAPI gives an error saying "Enter Conf. Control". There is not setting done for Confirmation Control, also I am using the same vendor. Moreover, I was not asked for Conf. Control in ME21N.

I am not sure if I am missing something that is to be passed to the BAPI. Could you please guide me in this?

Thanking you in anticipation.

Regards,

Sud.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

venkateswaran_k
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sudarshan,

Please check in document type of the PO.  Is there any configuration set  Conf. Control as mandatory.

Please verify in SPRO > MM > Purchasing > Purchase Order > Define screen layout at document level >

select .....all Create Purchase order options

In each of that > under Deadline Monitoring > select confirmation control key as optional option.

Regards,

Venkat

13 REPLIES 13

venkateswaran_k
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sudarshan,

Please check in document type of the PO.  Is there any configuration set  Conf. Control as mandatory.

Please verify in SPRO > MM > Purchasing > Purchase Order > Define screen layout at document level >

select .....all Create Purchase order options

In each of that > under Deadline Monitoring > select confirmation control key as optional option.

Regards,

Venkat

0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Thanks for your response.

I checked in the configuration (path that you mentioned), the Conf Control is already set to Optional.

The system does not ask for Conf Control when I create a PO through ME21N, but when I try to create the PO through BAPI, it requires Conf Control.

Is there any other possibility for this?

Thank you.

Regards,

Sud.

0 Kudos

Can you try by passing the value in POITEM-CONF_CTRL just for testing and see whether this resolves the issue ..

Also have u passed the data in the Schedule Lines correctly ???  Post ur code as well ..

0 Kudos

Hi Ramachandran,

I have tried passing the value of POITEM-CONF_CTRL. It is working fine and the PO is created.

But the question here is why the conf control field is considered madatory in BAPI whereas it is optional when creating PO thru ME21N?

The solution you suggested is ofcourse working and can be considered as a workaround for time being, but I wonder why the BAPI is asking for this value, since I do not want to pass it.

Still waiting for a perfect solution, but thanks for the workaround.

Regards,

Sud

0 Kudos

Good , Now try the following .

You said that when you post via ME21N you do not enter the Confirmation Control key , try posting the data via ME21N , and see once the PO is created whether you have any entry  in EKPO-BSTAE

If there is any entry  in it it means either of the  following,

a. The backend SAP  uses some criteria to  determine the Confirmation control automatically, and this is not supported in BAPI

b. Any enhancement / BAPI is used to determine the Confirmation Control key (again this is  called in ME21N ) but not in your BAPI

Try this and let me know

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you not populating an 'X' in POITEMX-CONF_CTRL?

Well not sure this could be so easy, just trying

Cheers,

Manu.

venkateswaran_k
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudarshan,

One Question.

Do you execute this BAPI through SE37  or  Do you execute thorugh a ABAP program in SE38?

Secondly, For me I execute this BAPI thrugh a Program by reading necessary data from EXel file and it is working fine.  I neither set the flag for CONF_CNTRL nor reading it from file.  It is an configuaration set at SPRO as I explained earlier by putting it as optional.

So I would requiest you to revisit that configuration.

Regards,

Venkat

0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Thanks for your response.

I was trying the BAPI thru se37 but then as you suggested I tried it through a program.

But it is still giving the same error for Conf control.

Actually I am trying to create the PO with the reference of PR. So I am passing only the PR number and the PR item number to the BAPI_PO_CREATE1, alongwith the header data.

Does this error has anything to do with Vendor number and its config?

Regards,

Sud.

0 Kudos

Sudarshan

I just checked the Vendor Master (Purchasing View), in that  there is a Tab "Default data Material ( you need to scroll down) " ,there is an option of setting the Confirmation control ,  can you try and set the value here and try with your BAPI  PO for the respective Vendor ???  Just to check here whether this has some effect to our BAPI

0 Kudos

Also check whether in  Purchasing Info Record  for the corresponding Vendor/Material/Plant whether the confirmation control key is maintined (EINE-BSTAE)

0 Kudos

Hi Ramachandran,

I have not maintained Conf Control in Vendor Master since I do not want it.

My question is why the system asks for Conf Control when running through BAPI and does not ask when running through ME21N?

Anyways, I have not maintained a value for Conf Control in the Vendor Master, and therefore the BAPI is not giving any error now. But this is not what I want, I do not want to maintain Conf Control value.

For time being, it is working for me, but I shall still be looking for a definite answer.

I am closing this thread here. Thank you all for your responses.

Regards,

Sud

0 Kudos

Just for my knowledge, can you answer my question about the values you are populating in POITEMX? are you not passing a 'X' to all fields?

Kr,

Manu.

0 Kudos

Yes Manu, I am passing value 'X' in POITEMX to all the required fields those are passed through POITEM.

My concern is I do not want to pass any value in POITEM-CONF_CTRL and therefore no value in POITEMX-CONF_CTRL, but the BAPI is asking for it.

The reason I do not want to pass any value in POITEM-CONF_CTRL is because it is not a mandatory field in ME21N and is not asked when I create a PO through ME21N. Then why it is required in the BAPI?

Regards,

Sud.