Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_PO_CREATE1 is not defaulting all the partner role in the PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing a problem while Purchase Uploads using BAPI_PO_CREATE1 in the LSMW via Idoc .

The BAPI is not behaving same as Txn ME21n .

In the Txn ME21n when we enter the Vendor the partner tab is automatically filled with all the Partner roles .

While when we use BAPI it is only filing the Partner role with a single partner role VN.

We are sending the sturcture partner role as blank because we wanted it to be defaulted as it is in Txn ME21N.

During the program analysis we found the following :

BAPI is calling the Function Module MM_PARTNER_SELECT which try to fill the Partner function

using WYT3 table . The table Wyt3 has the plant field as empty for that particular Vendor.

The BAPI is using the plant to determine the partner roles .

While in Txn ME21n the plant field is not used for determining the partner role .

In txn Me21n once we change the vendor entered initially & then again re enter the initial vendor number

then it behaves like BAPI & only display the single partner role .

Kindly advice .

Regards,

Anurag Goel

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

FYI

We found the solution for defaulting partner role using BAPI_PO_CREATE1,It is a customization issue .

We have check the Higher level indicator ( Search at higher level ) in the customization Txn OLME Under Partner Determination -

> Partner setting in Purchasing document -

>Define partner schemas

If this indicator is not set, the system only transfer partner roles that are maintained at plant level .

Best regards,

Anurag Goel .