Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_OUTB_DELIVERY_CHANGE givind dump while executing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

In my code, i am using BAPI_OUTB_DELIVERY_CREATE_STO bapi which is creating delivery by using data in Purchase Order,

This BAPI is working fine.

After this i am using BAPI_OUTB_DELIVERY_CHANGE bapi. i tested this BAPI is development, it is working fine if quantity to be inserted is less than, equal to actual Purchase Order qty.

But i am trying to execute same code in quality server, it is working fine if qty is same as that of in Purchase Order.

but when i am giving quantity less than that of in PO, it is giving me a DUPM as follows :

Runtime Errors MESSAGE_TYPE_X

in one internal code of this BAPI.

I tried to debug this BAPI..but not able to understand why this is happening.

One more thing, if same BAPI is executed throung se37, it is working fine in quality.

Version of BAPI_OUTB_DELIVERY_CHANGE is different in development and quality.. can this be a problem..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member187709
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you paste the ST22 dump for the code. Also what versions are Dev and QAS running for the BAPI. That indeed could be a causing factor.

Cheers,

Disha

6 REPLIES 6

former_member187709
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you paste the ST22 dump for the code. Also what versions are Dev and QAS running for the BAPI. That indeed could be a causing factor.

Cheers,

Disha

0 Kudos

hi disha,

Thanx for ur reply. i tried another bapi in place of BAPI_OUTB_DELIVERY_CHANGE, that bapi was also giving me same dump[at same point] only in case of qty less than PO qty.

So finally i created BDC for that and now it is working fine with BDC.

Abt versions of BAPI, yes they are different in dev and qty.

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the same problem. What do you mean by BDC?

Thx

Nicolas

Former Member
0 Kudos

to resolve this issue, i used BDC

0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

The basic reason for failure of "BAPI_OUTB_DELIVERY_CHANGE" is due to incomplete LUW of previous operation.

If you use above FM in separate ABAP program and call the same program using SUBMIT statement, the the deletion can be done.

Regards,

Vikas

former_member209217
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I agree with what Vikas has said in the above note. What you're actually trying to do is to create delivery and then change it in the same program. You need to commit changes to database and once it's done successfully then you can be able to change it successfully. Better to use a different program for changing the delivery instead of using a single program.

Best Regards,

Lakshman