Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI for reading possible configurations of a material

shail_verma
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement where I need to pass the possible configuration for a configurable material (Class Type 200/300).

Example -  lets say for this material there is a classification data maintained as below

CLASS - Laptop

CHARACTERISTICS AND VALUES  - Three characteristics are RAM , Screen Size, Processor

However dependencies are maintained in a way that only the following combinations are valid

Sno
RAMScreen SizeProcessor
12 GB14 Inchi-3 Intel
24 GB14 Inchi-5 Intel
34 GB14 Inchi-3 Intel

Is there a BAPI to retrieve this information? I would be great full if anyone can shed light on this.

Regards

Shail

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shail_verma
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks all!

Here is the BAPI which extracts material variants of a configurable product.

COM_CFG_READ_ALL_PROD_VARIANTS.

Credit goes to Abhishek who helped me find this. You just need to input the PRODUCT_ID (Material Code of the parent configurable product).

Regards

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

please check FM 'CLAF_OBJECTS_OF_CLASS' or 'CLAF_CLASSIFICATION_OF_OBJECTS'.

best regards,

swanand

0 Kudos

Thanks but I do not understand how can the BAPI help to find combinations which are valid. Refer to the table I mentioned above.

0 Kudos

Hi Shavil,

You just try to debug and check.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shail,

What exactly are you looking for ? Are youlooking for a bapi that will retrieve values based on dependencies ? There is not bapi that can simulate OD's and send the values back. However if you are using sales order or material variant , there are FM's that can be used to get this information. Can you please confirm?

Thanks

Amber

shail_verma
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks all!

Here is the BAPI which extracts material variants of a configurable product.

COM_CFG_READ_ALL_PROD_VARIANTS.

Credit goes to Abhishek who helped me find this. You just need to input the PRODUCT_ID (Material Code of the parent configurable product).

Regards