Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_CONTRACT_CHANGE not updating supplying vendor (SUPPL_VEND)

vivek_priyadarshi2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I am trying to update the supplying vendor field in outline agreement header ( Reference data section ) using bapi BAPI_CONTRACT_CHANGE. I am passing the supplying vendor in in HEADER-SUPPL_VEND field and setting HEADERX-SUPPL_VEND to 'X'.

The execution ends with success message but the new supplier vendor does not show up in outline agreement.

Has anyone faced similar issue when using this BAPI. I have noticed the header structure of bapi has a field to allow update of vendor but event that does not work (which makes sense ), But the supplier vendor field can be updated in edit mode by end user, so this should ideally be updated when using BAPI.

Any input will be helpful in this regard.

Cheers,

Vivek

5 REPLIES 5

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the bapi transaction commit called after the BAPI call?

Found these notes from FM documentation:

• Master conditions
    • When creating outline agreements, you can specify only one period per variable key. This means that just one period can be specified for the document header (i.e. condition table A019). The same applies to each item (i.e. condition table A016) and to each item/plant combination (i.e. condition table A068).
    • You can use any periods. However they must not overlap for a variable key.
    • When conditions are changed, new condition records are nevertheless written.
  • Because volume rebate conditions are not taken into account in outline agreements, they are not processed.
  • No subitems (e.g. inclusive/exclusive bonus quantities, display, etc.) are taken into account.
  • The control key for quality management in procurement (EKPO-SSQSS) and the certificate category (EKPO-ZGTYP) are only taken into account to a certain extent. These two items of information are copied from the reference contract or material master, but cannot be changed; neither are any checks carried out for these two fields.
  • The revision level (EKPO-REVLV) cannot be changed because various quality management routines were not implemented.
  • Version management (Document Change Management) is not supported.
  • External services (planned or unplanned) are not supported.
  • The creation or changing of configurations is not supported.

Message was edited by: Jay Raj

0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

I did go through the documentation, the field I am trying to update is not covered by the exception provided in FM documentation. Yes I did use BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT.

Regards,

Vivek

0 Kudos

In transaction ME32K, we can't change the vendor so ...  BAPI replicates the transaction.

0 Kudos

Yes, the contract vendor cannot be changed. but I was trying to update supplying vendor and of course that can be updated using ME32k. Check the screenshot attached to original question post.

0 Kudos

OK.  You are right.  I'm getting same result.

Have you checked all the relevant notes?  I can't update the delivery address as well.

Note 1994733:Outline agreement Bapis: Delivery address EKPO-ADRN2 filled from storage location

1674929MEMASSSA: Changed delivery address when changing storage loc
1061344EKPO-ADRN2 in BAPI_SAG_CREATE