Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Badi implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

H i experts,

i am new to badi please clarify my quesations

1Q . can badi have multiple implementation classes

2Q . how to call method of particular implementation ( can we pass implemeatationclass name here)

thank you,

santosh

6 REPLIES 6

nishant_krishen3
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi

no badi has only one implementation class which generate autimatically when u define BADI . from ecc 6.0 we have to define first enhancement point then we can define BADI which is called through automatically generated fun module exit .

Edited by: Nishant Krishen on May 12, 2010 3:56 PM

0 Kudos

H I

SO OUT OF MANY IMPLEMENTATIONS CLASSES HOW TO CALL METHOD FROM PARTICULAR IMPLEMENTATION CLASS

THANK YOU,

0 Kudos

>

> SO OUT OF MANY IMPLEMENTATIONS CLASSES HOW TO CALL METHOD FROM PARTICULAR IMPLEMENTATION CLASS

Generally if you have multiple-use as checked, you have "filter values" based on which the particular implementation is triggered in SAP.

But if you looking to restrict other BAdI implementation calls may be the BAdI BADI_SORTER. [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/79/623a42949fb56be10000000a155106/content.htm]

BR,

SUhas

0 Kudos

THANK YOU

SUHAS FOR YOUR ANSWER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Santosh,

For Qn1, yes, some badiu2019s can have multiple implementation. You can check with the badi definition in se18 whether the multiple use is checked. If it is set, then it can be implemented multiple times.

For Qn 2, Question and purpose is not well cleared. Normally badi use is to add customer code with the existing standard flow.

I have never tried to call the class which is being created while implementing the BADI. But hope, we can call the class methods using the instance.

Regards,

Selva K.

0 Kudos

hi selva,

thank you for repply,

m y question was suppose badi have multiple implementation classes , so how to call method from particu lar calss

I.e hot to d ist inguish from which implementation class the method calling

thank you ,

santosh