Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backgroung job cancelled with the error-Homogenous Lock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a custom report ( customer update )which is scheduled to run in the background. In the production system, the job gets cancelled and when we check the log We have the following messages:

20.10.2010 07:14:17 Job started

20.10.2010 07:14:17 Customer 10372118 has been updated /DS1/A 411 S

20.10.2010 07:14:17 Object requested is currently locked by user XXXX MC 601 E

20.10.2010 07:14:17 Job cancelled after system exception ERROR_MESSAGE

Because of the message"Object requested is currently locked by user xxxx( Homogenous lock ), the job gets cancelled.

Enqeue and deqeue have been taken care correctly.

This problem is reported recently...before that it was working fine.

Have checked SM12, there is no lock. While debugging this error is not reported.

Now please let me know how to know the cause of the error.

Edited by: swarupa.mayflower on Oct 20, 2010 10:45 AM

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarupa,

You can check the short dump in ST22 and identify the lines of code where this message is thrown.

Then it will be possible to check how the locks are implemented in that area.

Regards,

Immanuel.

0 Kudos

This error is not from the dump.

I get this message in the job log and the report runs as a background job.

0 Kudos

Hi Swarupa,

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Open one of the customer in the list to be updated in change mode and then execute this job.

Then the job will fail.

Regards,

Immanuel.

0 Kudos

Hi Swarupa,

you can debug the failed job and see what is the error.

search for how to debug a job in background

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

0 Kudos

I did debug the failed job using JDBG but when I debug I am not getting that message. I am able to see the message only in the job log. The problem here is whoever tries to run the job it will throw a message "Object requested is currently locked by user XXXX" MC 601 E

0 Kudos

Hi Swarupa,

Debugging the job using JDBG will only execute the job again with current environment. So if nothing is locked currently then you will not get any error message. So try opening one customer in change mode and then use JDBG.

Regards,

Immanuel.

0 Kudos

Hi Immanuel,

I tried opening the customer which I am trying to update in the change mode and then tried debugging the job then it gives me an error message at the bottom of the screen, in this case when I go check there is a lock in SM12.

But my problem is I get this message in the job log and not at the bottom of the screen because of this message(error) the job gets cancelled. Also there is no lock in SM12 in this case and while debugging also I am not getting this message anywhere....

This type of lock is called homogenous lock....but I donno how to trace this error .....

0 Kudos

Hi Swarupa,

Homogenous lock sounds something new for me and interesting. Please post if you find a solution. I will also try to explore.

Regards,

Immanuel.