Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background Job Variant

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii,

i have schedule the report in the background that runs in night with some selection criteria, now i have seen in SM37 that the job is completed, but i want to know what are the selection criteria for that job that have been given, it shows some variant name.. (&0000000000001 like this) but not the values can we know the values that has been passed to the selection criteria...

abhishek suppal

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in SM37 select a job - > job log there you find out program name, variant name and user name

then we goto program and findout the variant values

cheers,

sasi

Former Member

You know the <b>name of the report</b> that has been scheduled as background job.

You know the <b>variant name</b> that has been used.

<u><b>Solution</b></u> :

Go to SE38, from variants choose the above variant name and the selection criteria would be populated with the values.

A crude solution, but works.

Regards,

Subramanian V.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use transaction SM36 for scheduling job in background,

Enter Job Name , Job Class , Target Server.

I hope this will work out for you.

I find sutiable pelase reward me with sutiable points.

Regards,

Irfan Hussain

Hi,

- select the job in the SM37

- select the button [step] for this job

- select the interesting report, and choose from the menu [Goto] -> [Variant]

here you can see the used parameters for the report.

Good luck....

Stefan

Message was edited by: Stefan Gerschler

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you want that information displayed directly in your monitoring screen, you might want to have a look at the new Job Scheduling capabilities of SAP NetWeaver. You can find more information about this on SAP Service Marketplace under quick-link job-scheduling (http://service.sap.com/job-scheduling)

Kind regards,

Edwin Esser