Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background Job SWWWIM remain active status for long time(Program-RSWWWIM)

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have gone through other threats regarding this remain active status in background job for long time. But wanted to get better perspective for this cause. Let me briefly explain the issue. The standard background Job SWWWIM remain active status for long time in PRD system. When I checked in SM37/SM50/SM66/SM21 and through some other tcodes, I noted Sequential read,Direct read,insert and update etc.

SM50 shows that it is still fetching via sequential read in table "SWW_PROPERTIES"(Select * from SWW_PROPERTIES where client =::A0 and WI_ID = :A1.) through standard class "CL_SWF_RUN_GET_MEM_INFO".

Here my questions is, Since Sequential read does not filter the data using Index from table, thats why its taking more time means, then what could be the solution for this kind of issue? Whether debugging the standard program "RSWWWIM" willl be the only option? Please give your valuable ideas if you already experienced this sort of this issue. Thanks a lot in advance.

Note : Even if we cancelled the job and runs again, the problem is still exist. Also tired to check the status by selected the particular job and clicked the menu Job and "Check Status" as well. It is the correct status in SM37.

7 REPLIES 7

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor

Check for activation of index SWW_PROPERTIES 001

CLIENT
WI_ID
PROPERTY_NAME

as it was defined in creation note  2050122 - Database table for saving attributes of a workflow instance.

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

Thanks a lot for your rapid support. I checked in table DD17S in order to check the activation of index for those fields. It is activated only.( By the way, I don't have SAP ID to check the SAP note ).

Regards,

Kavi

0 Kudos

When I checked the index in SAP table SWW_PROPERTIES via SE12, I see only two fields of index getting actived it seems.

Name   Unique       Short description                                      Status

001                      WI ID                                                        Active

002                      TOP_TASK                                               Active

So you see two indexes, double-click on 001 line and check the status "active in database" and not the "active" (ddic only) status.

0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

Double clicked and noticed that the status is active only. Pls see the below screenshot. It seems, Since it is Non Unique index, it is taking more time to fetching the data as it has to go through all the records in this table. If it is the case, then there could be any solution as its the standard behaviour. Thanks.

0 Kudos

Since it is Non Unique index, it is taking more time to fetching the data as it has to go through all the records in this table.

No, non-unique index just indicate that activation of the index didn't create any constaint on the table. Here it read sequentially records with a valie of WI_ID using the index.

Don not confuse "sequential read" with "full table scan/read", often sequential read is better than direct access.

Regards,
Raymond

0 Kudos

Thanks for the information Raymond.