Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background Job Running Without Schedule & Event Trigger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a background job SAP_WSSE_TOKEN_CACHE_CLEANUP which was running under a user X. We decided to remove the authorization of user X and re-schedule the job under a different user Y. The newly created job has a periodic hourly schedule and runs successfully.

Our issue is that we are not able to delete the job SAP_WSSE_TOKEN_CACHE_CLEANUP which was originally running under user X. Normally, whenever we do not want a particular job to run, we use SM37 and delete the next occurrence of the job ("Released" status). However, in this particular case, we are not getting any output for the "Released" status even if we put the "To date" to be 31/12/9999. It is also to be mentioned that we have also used "*" in the "After event" field but to no avail.

The job running under user X gets "Canceled" everytime it run and the job log states "User does not have authorization".

PFB a screenshot of the same:

Please help us.

12 REPLIES 12

alexander_bolloni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

to check if a released version of this job exists at all, use SE16 to display table TBTCO and

enter as selection criteria:

JOBNAME: SAP_WSSE_TOKEN_CACHE_CLEANUP

STATUS:  S (this is the internal status code for "RELEASED" status in SM37)

You should find your job if one exists currently.

Regards,.

Alex

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your response. I did check the table TBTCO against the selection criteria you mentioned but corresponding to the job SAP_WSSE_TOKEN_CACHE_CLEANUP, I could only find the status "A" for the user "X". Against the job newly created under user "Y", I see the status as "F".

The issue still remains. Jobs still cannot be deleted under user "X".

Please guide what needs to be done now.

Thanks & Regards

Manas

0 Kudos

Hi,

if you cannot see your job in TBTCO with status S, there is no released version of that job and thus you cannot delete it.. There must be a program which starts this job regularly via Batch API if there is not a periodical, released job instance currently existing.

Regards,

Alex

0 Kudos

Hi,

I did try to search for it in SM37 by putting "*" in the "after event" field but I still get no output.

What do you suggest I should do now?

Thanks & Regards

Manas

venuarun
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use this program to RSBTCDEL to delete the background job.

The program RSBTCDEL should be scheduled to run regularly to flush various database tables.

With Regards

Arun VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Please clarify one doubt. Does this program delete just the log of the background job so that I dont see it in SM37 or does it delete the occurrence of the background job again?

My main objective is that the job SAP_WSSE_TOKEN_CACHE_CLEANUP should not run from user "X".

An early response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Manas

venuarun
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Basis,

I think it will delete all the occurance, normally this program is used clear the flush from the database

table as i mentioned.

With Regards

Arun VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arun... Let me run the program and see if it works.

Will update once its done.

Thanks & Regards

Manas

former_member189845
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you tried this ?

select Job->Change or press Ctrl+F11. Then, change the "Start condition" to a date in the future. Otherwise, delete it by selecting Job->Delete.

Thanks,

Siva

former_member189845
Active Participant

0 Kudos

The issue has been resolved. The main issue with this problem was that some BASIS jobs was scheduled under the user "X" which in turn triggered the job SAP_WSSE_TOKEN_CACHE_CLEANUP. That is the reason the job SAP_WSSE_TOKEN_CACHE_CLEANUP wouldn't show up even when I gave the "to date" to 31.12.9999 with the status "Resolved".

Therefore, I re-scheduled all the BASIS jobs from a super user and deleted the ones previously scheduled under user "X" and the issue doesn't occur again.

Thanks to all the experts for their inputs.

Regards

Manas

0 Kudos

Can you then please mark the incident as solved and assign points to helpful answers...