Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background job for accounting release of invoices after PGI

sweta8814
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Currently, we have a business scenario where so, delivery & invoicing document is created and later on PGI is posted which should trigger accounting entry of that invoice document on PGI date.

I need to schedule background job which will release for accounting entry whenever PGI is done.

Kindly share if there is any standard program/variant available in SAP or should i develop custom program?

3 REPLIES 3

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Standard program is rather a question for a functional consultant. I'm not sure this is a good design, in general. Either billing document should not be created before PGI or a proforma document should be used. In S/4 there is some new (?) "pre-bill" functionality, I think, but again, it's a question for an SD consultant to research.

There are several older posts on this subject that can be found by googling "release invoice after PGI site:sap.com"

0 Kudos

thank you for response but this scenario is needed for a business client.

I need to write below logic-

1. Pass the date in table LIKP - WADAT_IST and LFART = ZEXM. Pass the delivery number (VBELN) in VBUK – VBELN and check if WBSTK = C. If yes then proceed or else no action required.
  2. Pass the delivery number in VBRP – VGBEL and get the Invoice number from VBELN.

can u please help me??

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, I cannot help with this. As I said, it's a bad design and a bad idea that I cannot in good consciousness support. I'd just kick this back to the SD/FI consultant. Standard process is delivery -> PGI -> billing document -> accounting document. If you need a billing document before PGI, then use a proforma. That's it, no need for any ABAP. There is no reason whatsoever to create a real billing document before PGI and then hold it from being posted until after. I honestly can't imagine what such process would possibly achieve that the normal process doesn't provide. It's "we don't do that here" type of thing.