Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Mail not getting generated through background job

former_member186077
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have set up a job variant with spool recipients. We are getting the automatic mail if the job is getting finished successfully. But we are not getting the automatic mail if the job is in cancelled status. Earlier we used to get the mail even if the job is in cancelled status. We are not sure if there is any setting which would restrict the automatic mail based on the job status.

Appreciate your help in this regard.

Thanks and Regards,

Ranjani.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Usually if the Spool List Recipient is configured for a background job in SM36, the mail will be send if a particular spool is created by the background job.

So in your case, may be no spool will be getting created at the time of background job processing getting cancelled.

Also check in SOST transaction, whether any mail are still pending in the queue without beind send.

Harish.

former_member186077
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Thanks for the response. We have verified the SOST transaction and there are no pending mails in queue.

Also there is a spool that is getting generated even though the job is getting cancelled.

Thanks and Regards,

Ranjani.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Just for a work around, try checking the SAP user inbox for the user who has scheduled the background job.

I don't there is any seperate configuration in Spool List Recipient for the canceled jobs. We need to confirm that the email ids provided in the Spool List recipient are correct and the background job creates a spool request even if it is canceled.

Also if possible try deleting the existing background job and create a new background job with the same parameters and valid email id's maintained in the Spool List recipient.

OR

Without deleting the existing background job, parallely create a new background job with the same parameters and valid email id's maintained in the Spool List recipient. If it works then delete the old background job.

Thanks

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you get the solution?

I am facing same issues.

Appreciate any guidance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the background job canceled, any way spool wont create. So mail should not triggered. I think you have to write code to send mail , if job is cancelled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My query is also related with Spool list recipients.

There are 3 email ids which i have defined in the spool list recipients using distribution list option. The issue which I am facing is that the spool email is going to two more different email ids along with three which I have mentioned. I am not sure from where it is picking up those 2 email Ids. As emails are going so looks like the settings are all correct.

Could you please help me to figure out from where the system could pick up those two Ids?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

Do you see those 2 mail ID's in your SOST?

Thanks and Regards,

Sriranjani Chimakurthy.