Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attache a search PLOM help to two fields of a table

rajeevgoswami1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ABAP Gurus,

I want to attache a search help for position PLOM to two fieds Ex 1. spos (source position) type char 12 2. tpos (Target position) type char12

I have attached successfully for spos but when I try for the second fields its gives error.

Please suggest. Is it not possible to attach same search help to multiple fields ? Is there any alternative ?

Thanks,

Rajeev Goswami

3 REPLIES 3

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which error do you have? At which moment? (steps to reproduce please)

Basically, there's no issue to attach the same search help to 2 distinct screen fields (and which have the right type, i.e. char 12).

0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for the reply.

Even I think so but I am getting error. I could not find the reason behind this.

Check below error.

Find the table.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Call SE11 on your table, select the line of TARGET_POSITION and assign the table and file names to the search help parameters (didn't you get a popup when you affected the search  help to the field?)

Nevertheless, if, for some unclear technical reason SAP only maitains one record for each search help parameter in a single table definition, you should attach the search help to the data element.

Regards,

Raymond