Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

At selection screen Event

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please help me in this.

How we close the At Slecetion screen event.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

No need to close.

This will get trigger if u do some operation on slection screen.

Else this wont get trigerred.

What do u want to know exactly.

SELECT-OPTIONS: s_matnr FOR  marc-matnr.                  "Material No
AT SELECTION-SCREEN.

*Validate material no details
 DATA: v_matnr LIEK mara-matnr.
IF NOT s_matnr[] IS INITIAL.
LOOP AT s_matnr.
  SELECT SINGLE matnr INTO v_matnr
         FROM mara
         WHERE matnr = s_matnr-low.

IF sy-subrc NE 0.
    MESSAGE i128.
    LEAVE LIST-PROCESSING.
  ENDIF.
ENDLOOP.
ENDIF.

Former Member
0 Kudos

after at selection-screen use another event like start-of-selection it will start the new event only one event can be closed by defining another evennt.

regards

shiba dutta

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ALI,

do this way..

IF sy-subrc NE 0.
    MESSAGE i008.
    CALL SCREEN '1000'.
  ENDIF.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If at all you declare an EVENT ( Initialization or At selection screen) before Start of Selection, that event has to be closed by explicitely declaring the START-OF-SELECTION event, other wise the report won't execute, as the start of selection event won't trigger.

Regards,

Anji

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

When user enters the values in the fields of selection screen and clicks on execute button, this event gets triggered. This event is basically for checking the values entered by the user for the fields of the selection screen i.e., data validity checking. This event is for entire selection screen. For example:

You are accepting carrid, connid, fldate from user and you don’t want to proceed if user enters no value for carrid and fldate. Using AT SELECTION-SCREEN can do this.

Select-options: carrid1 for sflight-carrid,

Connid1 for sflight-connid,

F1date1 for sflight-f1date.

AT SELECTION-SCREEN.

If carrid1-low ne ‘ ’ and fldate1-low = ‘ ’.

Error message.

Endif.

In this case, if both the fields are entered blank, then the user gets error message.

Basically, this event is for many fields on selection screen. Usually, it is for the fields which are logically related.

The standard selection screen in an executable program or in the logical database linked to it is automatically called between the INITIALIZATION and START-OF-SELECTION events.

You can define event blocks for these events in your program to change the selection screen or process user input.

Regards,

Sruthi