Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignment of t-code to SAP query

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I created query through SQ01 in our development server and transported to quality server by using program RSAQR3TR with the help of download and upload option. I can execute this query in our quality server through SQ01. The requirement is to execute this query with T-code.

Surprisingly the report name in development and quality server are different. Hence in order to assign the t-code to report which report should be selected? Whether am I missing something in this? Whether the report names should be same in both the clients?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check This,

Link:[http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-dev/how-to-assign-a-tcode-to-a-sap-query-579623]

10 REPLIES 10

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check This,

Link:[http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-dev/how-to-assign-a-tcode-to-a-sap-query-579623]

0 Kudos

Thank you Keshav for your so quick reply,

I went through the link. Basically the requirement is to assign the t-code to query. With the help of above link we can execute the same query through tcode START_REPORT where user has to put the user group and query name every time.

Kindly suggest how to assign the t-code to this query in development server and how to transport it further?

Thanks again,

Anand Rao

0 Kudos

Please read it carefully,

For the transaction START_REPORT, we are assigning a transaction with variants.

4. in the table control in the end of screen put these values

D_SREPOVARI-REPORTTYPE = AQ

D_SREPOVARI-REPORT = <USER GROUP in WHICH THE QUERY IS CREATED> G

(G stands for GLOBAL AREA:)(Entered after a space)(G should come after 9

chanracters(8 char for user group,one space and then G)

D_SREPOVARI-EXTDREPORT = <QUERY NAME>

0 Kudos

I am sorry Keshav, but I could not get this.

After following these steps what I get is, I can execute this report with the variant that I create. But I could not understand where I should assign T-Code? For example I want to assign T-Code ZTEST so that when any user tries to execute this he should use t-code ZTEST instead of START_REPORT.

We tried for this through SE93 where we can assign the TCODE to report. This works ok. But the report name that appears in development server and that in quality server are different. So how can I execute the same query in quality server?

Thanks again,

Anand Rao

0 Kudos

In se93 create the report with parameter transaction option button choosed.

Then give the start transaction as START_REPORT, then the variants as specified.

0 Kudos

for user group you have to reserve 12 character (write your user group and fill remaining charaters by spaces) and the 13 character will G 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Here is a simple way to differentiate your two servers: Create a transaction which is assigned to a program ZPROG with only 5 lines of code: dependent on SY-SYSID you have to submit either the development program or the quality program.

PROGRAM ZPROG.
if sy-sysid = 'DEV'.
   submit prog1.
else.
   submit prog2.
endif.

Hope this helps,

Heinz

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you go to the menu tab of the role to use the query in transaction PFCG, you can add queries, reports and program ID's to the menu. The system will then automatically generate the transaction for you.

The name of the generated transaction will be meaningless to any user of it, but that does not matter because they only need to "click on it" in their menu.

Depending on how many of these types of transactions there are, it can make sense to consider how you design your user menu and your settings for the redundancy compression, as well as how you build your roles (the number of them assigned to a user).

A popular "workaround" it to create a report tree for them. In this case (at the latest) it makes sense to maintain transaction SU24 with the generated S_TCODE values and possibly more specific objects needed to actually use them - otherwise you will end up with ugly ranges and * values in some objects soon afterwards...

Cheers,

Julius

Daniele_Sgi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem when I use standard START_REPORT creation for SAP query the original transaction is hidden by SAP.

For example now I have all trx ZMAT, ZSITE, ZLIF with the same name START_REPORT in all SAP transaction for evalue "activity user list" (trx SM50, SM04) in appl. server...

dhirendra_pandit
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

You can do it, the start_transaction is call the abap query in background all the parameters you are passing following information you have in your hand.

Follow the steps:-

1. Make a transaction with parameters transaction from se93 .

2. Put START_REPORT in the transaction

3. Check the skip intial screen checkbox

4. in the table control in the end of screen put these values

D_SREPOVARI-REPORTTYPE = AQ <<<----- ABAP Query

D_SREPOVARI-REPORT = <USER GROUP in WHICH THE QUERY IS CREATED> G

(G stands for GLOBAL AREA:)(Entered after a space)(G should come after 9

chanracters(8 char for user group,one space and then G)

D_SREPOVARI-EXTDREPORT = <QUERY NAME> <<<<<----

Query name should be same on both the sysem?

then your transaction automatically call the query no matters of change the query name, Still if you have any doubt please reply back.

Regards

Dhirendra