Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi All,

I want to archive all the customers as per the clients requirements.

I found the relevant object in AOBJ.. now, my question is where do I define the assign/actual path where the archived file is to be stored?

Thanks,

Ashu.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

plz check txn FILE.

Rgds,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Jst go through these T-codes.

SAP data archiving tools are ---

SARA

DART

SARI

DB02

DB15

TAANA

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As Raghu mentioned, you use transaction FILE to set up the logical file path definitiion (this is where the actual path is configured) and then tie it to the appropriate logical file name definition (this is used in the archive object configuration). Then, go to transaction SARA, enter archive object and click on Customizing. Under the Archiving Object-Specific customizing, select Technial Settings. Then, enter the relevant Logical File Name that was configured in the FILE transaction.

This is where the archive file is written to - not stored. To actually store the archive file, you will need a third party solution or use SAP Content Server and you would then enter the appropriate content repository within the same Customizing area that was used to configure the Logical file name in SARA.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Karin Tillotson