Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arabic words separated with space in smartform

0 Kudos

Greetings,

We have one billing smartforms and its working perfectly fine in print preview but when we are taking print out, letters of arabic words gets separated with space (arabic letters join to make words) and they are not joined.

Kindly suggest what is causing this behavior. We tried to take the print out on different printers but same result.

Regards,

Tanweer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

babu4abap
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tanweer Zaki, Have you got the solution for this problem. we are also facing same issue.. print preview showing correct but after print and pdf space is coming between arabic characters..

14 REPLIES 14

iftah_peretz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey,

Did you try different Smartstyles?

0 Kudos

Dear Iftah,

Yes we did. But same result.

Regards,

Tanweer

And on all the printers (including printing to PDF) you are getting the same results?

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Can you provide a screenshot?

Dear Sandra,

Thanks for your reply. Please see the below screen shot

arabic-space.png

Regards,

Tanweer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just show it as print preview and print to spool request and save the number of spool request and execute the program RSTXPDFT4 in SE38 and execute it, after that you can save the pdf in any location, print the pdf file.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks. What do you get in print preview please?

Note that the display and the printing cannot be exactly the same because the font in your computer and the font in the printer may be different. Some good explanations are in note 776507 - SAPscript/SmartForms: Which fonts for which languages?

0 Kudos

Thank you very much. I tried font ANDALE_J for Arabic mentioned in the note. But same output.

As I mentioned and shown in attached screenshot, Alphabets are getting separated in print output however in Arabic alphabets join together to make a word.

Regards,

Tanweer

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor

0 Kudos

Thanks Raymond

Out Basis team checked the note and they are not applicable to our system.

Regards,

Tanweer

babu4abap
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tanweer Zaki, Have you got the solution for this problem. we are also facing same issue.. print preview showing correct but after print and pdf space is coming between arabic characters..

0 Kudos

Greetings,

Yes we find the solution. Smartform doesn't work with mixing of LTR with RTL language i.e. you can't write Arabic in English form.

In order to avoid the subjected issue, pass language = "AR" in control parameter while calling smart form function module. This will resolve the issue but all number will be converted in to Arabic. If you still want to write Arabic in English form then use dynamic text where language = AR but this will still have some issue with Arabic as some letters will not be joined.

Regards,

Tanweer

0 Kudos

Hi can you please share more details on your solution?

We are facing a similar issue where we have a mix of English and Arabic Text on a smartform. The Arabic text is separated with space upon printing.

We are already using "AR" as the language on the control parameters and used Dynamic text for each text.

Regards,

Jero.

mahabaleshwar_patil
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you please help on this

https://answers.sap.com/questions/396297/arabic-invoice-smart-form-print-issue-and-pdf-issu.html#

Hi All,

I have developed an Arabic invoice Smartform, I am able see the PDF print preview correctly.

But when I take prinout letters gets seperated and also If i donwload to PDF again letters get seperated.

but after successful print I found Arabic letters printed with space

can any please help me on this

I have used the below.

1) Device type: ARSWIN

2) Printing logon language : English

in control parameters I have passed language as A .

control_param-langu = 'A'

And also I have tried the use the report : RSTXPDF4 to get the PDF file from the spool.

PDF file directly from PC not getting Arabic

But I used get some junk data not Arabic language in the form and I also I have tried downloading the spool issue still the same.