Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any option apart from SE14?

former_member239066
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have changed the datatype of a field in a table and i would to this change to take effect in the database records. How can i do this apart from SE14? is there any FM?

Thanks,

Vitz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There actually is a FM called DD_DATABASE_UTILITY, which implements the SE14 functionality. I suggest you test this out carefully because you'll have to figure out how to set the parameters. Debugging SE14 and/or looking at open conversion requests in table TBATG will help you with that.

Rgds,

Mark

7 REPLIES 7

former_member376453
Contributor
0 Kudos

I really don't think there is any substitute for SE14, except se11 -> utilities -> Database Utility.

Kuntal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vitish,

you can do in SE54 transaction..

regards,

Prabhudas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi wht is the problem in doing through se14.

There is no fm i hope for the same.

u can do through se11 with opeing the table and going.

utility->database object-> database utility.

Hope this helps

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope you can do this in tcode se11 -> utilities -> dataobject -> database utility.

Regards,

Joan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There actually is a FM called DD_DATABASE_UTILITY, which implements the SE14 functionality. I suggest you test this out carefully because you'll have to figure out how to set the parameters. Debugging SE14 and/or looking at open conversion requests in table TBATG will help you with that.

Rgds,

Mark

shadow
Participant
0 Kudos

Moderator message - please do not use all caps

Hi ,

GOTO TCODE SE11->ENTER TABLE NAME->UTILITIES->DATABASE UTILITY,

AND CLICK ON ADJUST DATA BASE TABLE AND ACTIVATE.

SHAIK.

Edited by: SHAIK JAILABDIN on Apr 5, 2009 10:25 AM

Edited by: Rob Burbank on Apr 5, 2009 3:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That simply callse SE14. I thought the question was to have an FM that does what SE14 does - function DD_DATABASE_UTILITY will do the trick.

Rgds,

Mark