Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV output background scheduling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am working on an update program and need to schedule it in background. Foreground is working fine and now I want to code it for background processing, this needs to pick up the data from a file on application server. I then need to manupulate the data according to a user requirement and put it into a final internal table for background process. Can you guys please help me out from here. This is my first time to code for a background scheduling of an ALV.

Regards,

New Abaper

Edited by: always_abap on Mar 25, 2010 11:34 AM

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ALV is not for background jobs. Check this forum for details.

Regards

Srikanth m

0 Kudos

Thanks Srikant,

This is not basically an ALV, well I must say it is more of an ABAP program which is being used to update the database using BAPI. But for foreground update I am selecting a data from table to ALV output and let user to modify the data and process for update. But in backgroung user will provide us with application server file and I need to schedule a job for that......any more points from you.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use like below

if SY-BATCH = 'X'.

• Back ground Job.

<<Here your need to write code to update when you plan to assign as background job>>

else

<<continue with your existing one>>

endif.

It will work your case

Regards

Nehruu