Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV grid -> spool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a alv grid display. when i run the report in background, i am able to see that a spool number is generated but i dont know how to check whether what is inside the spool is same as in ALV.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

If u want to check the data of spool then goto T-Code SP01 give the spool number and execute it.

To compare spool data with ALV , downlaod data of spool in spread sheet through T-Code SP01 and compare it.

16 REPLIES 16

former_member212005
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From what I understood....you want to check what data is there in the spool?right

Then, all you have to do is go to SM37 transaction, select the job...click on Spool button in the application toolbar , then select the spool output and you will be able to see the same report i.e. the ALV Grid Display..

If I am not clear with you requirement...then let me know..

0 Kudos

I am running the the prog from se38 itself as background and giving the variant. IN sp01 i can see spool number number created. I dont want to create a job .

0 Kudos

Hi,

Transaction SM37 is used to view the job and not to create one...Select the job...click on Spool button in the application toolbar , When you click on the sppol output you will be able to see your data.. It will be the same which you viwed in your ALV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto Tcode SM37, select ur job & click on 'spool' in menu bar.A table is displayed, in which u click on Type column & u will see your output.

Thanks & Regards,

Anagha Deshmukh

Former Member
0 Kudos

If u want to check the data of spool then goto T-Code SP01 give the spool number and execute it.

To compare spool data with ALV , downlaod data of spool in spread sheet through T-Code SP01 and compare it.

0 Kudos

when i am going to SP01, checking the contents and clicking the type to get the contents of ALV, i see a table "records passed" in one column "2" in another. Yes, there are only 2 records in ALV output. But i need to see the 2 records contents.How

0 Kudos

Change the way you are displaying the ALV Grid....that is display with the contents then it will show the same...

Remember: Whatever you are displaying in ALV Grid...the same will be displayed in Spool

0 Kudos

change the way?????????????????? is it like ALV Grid cannot be dispalyed in spool whereas ALV list can..?

0 Kudos

grid can also be displayed...no issues..

which button are u clicking to display the spool???

0 Kudos

Check whether you are using the function module 'REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY'

Edited by: Vin on Jun 9, 2009 1:07 PM

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have used the FM 'Reuse_alv_grid_display' and executed the program in backgroud..Goto transaction SM37 and choose the spool.. You will be able to view the data....

0 Kudos

Are you running your Z program using SUBMIT? Then you check the below statement.....

SUBMIT ztest TO SAP-SPOOL
      WITHOUT SPOOL DYNPRO
              DESTINATION space
              COVER TEXT ' Your Report Title'
              NEW LIST IDENTIFICATION 'X'
              IMMEDIATELY space
              AND RETURN.

Thanks and Regards

0 Kudos

Hi all,

In se38 i am executing the report Program->execute->background. Then i am giving a varaint . In sp01 i find the spool number | type| date|...clicking the type it is showing a table with 2 columns data statistics, number of ( in graphical mode) ..when i change to RAW, i can see the contents but it is not proper

0 Kudos

Raj...for that entry in the type column there will be a button or a list image...click on that...you should be able to see the contents....else it means you are not displaying data properly..

Edited by: Vin on Jun 9, 2009 1:25 PM

0 Kudos

Hi,

Your spool is displaying only the first page, the records you need are in the second page. In order to display the second page also you need to change the settings.

Click on the 'Settings' button in the page where you see the "records passed" page.Change the display area 'From page' 1 'To Page' 10.

Give it a try.

Regards,

Soumya.

0 Kudos

here is FM i used

CALL FUNCTION 'REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY'

EXPORTING

i_callback_program = report_id

• i_callback_top_of_page = 'LIST_HEADING'

• is_layout = i_layout

it_fieldcat = i_fieldcat

TABLES