Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV-Grid as Subscreen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Developers,

I got troubles with the display of two alv grid's on the same screen. the first grid (on the top) includes information about material. the lower grid includes information about SD-Orders related to the material. the lower grid should be displayed as a subscreen. It should be only appear if there are existing sd-orders related to the material. If there are no sd-orders related to the material a message should droped and the second grid on the subscreen should not appear.

Processing logic in the basis dynpro:

PROCESS BEFORE OUTPUT.

MODULE pbo. "ALV-Grid Implementation

CALL SUBSCREEN ss_01 INCLUDING 'ZPP25_DISPO' '0101'.

PROCESS AFTER INPUT.

MODULE pai.

CALL SUBSCREEN ss_01.

As you can see the subscreen will always be instanced. But the subscreen should only be instanced if the condition is fullfield named above.

How can I implement this functionality? If anybody can help me by solving this problem please post a code sample.

Many thanks in advance.

Cornelius

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Cornelius,

So long as you have a sub-screen area on the screen, you will have to use the CALL SUBSCREEN.

However, in this case, in the PBO of screen 101, you can control the instantiation of the ALV Grid. Yuo should create the second ALV Grid only if there's a need for you to do so.

In case there is not need for a second ALV Grid, the subscreen, though called, will be empty, and you will not see any difference.

Hope you got the point. If not, get back, I will explain you in further detail.

Regards,

Anand Mandalika.

BTW, are you using the OO approach for ALV Grid, or the FM approach?

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Cornelius,

So long as you have a sub-screen area on the screen, you will have to use the CALL SUBSCREEN.

However, in this case, in the PBO of screen 101, you can control the instantiation of the ALV Grid. Yuo should create the second ALV Grid only if there's a need for you to do so.

In case there is not need for a second ALV Grid, the subscreen, though called, will be empty, and you will not see any difference.

Hope you got the point. If not, get back, I will explain you in further detail.

Regards,

Anand Mandalika.

BTW, are you using the OO approach for ALV Grid, or the FM approach?

0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

your explaination solved my problem. Many thanks.

I using the OO approach for ALV Grid.

Regards,

Cornelius Jaeckel

0 Kudos

Hello Cornelius,

I see that you have registered just today. Just wanted to welcome you to SDN. Hope that you will have some interesting times here.

By the way, this is the first time, to my knowledge, that a newbie had not needed to be introduced to the reward-points system :-). Thanks for rewarding the points.

Regards,

Anand Mandalika.