Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV Cell with more than 255 characters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's,

I need to display a longtext in ALV with other details. I am using READ_TEXT to get the Longtext and appending it to Internal table field, which i have defined as a string. I have debugged the code and it is containing around 450 characters. But, when i am trying to display using "REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY" it is only displaying 255 characters.

Please suggest a solution.

Thanks,

Sudhir.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sap provides a set of ALV (ABAP LIST VIEWER) function modules which can be put into use to embellish the output of a report. This set of ALV functions is used to enhance the readability and functionality of any report output. Cases arise in sap when the output of a report contains columns extending more than 255 characters in length.

In such cases, this set of ALV functions can help choose selected columns and arrange the different columns from a report output and also save different variants for report display. This is a very efficient tool for dynamically sorting and arranging the columns from a report output.

The report output can contain up to 90 columns in the display with the wide array of display options.

The commonly used ALV functions used for this purpose are;

1. REUSE_ALV_VARIANT_DEFAULT_GET

2. REUSE_ALV_VARIANT_F4

3. REUSE_ALV_VARIANT_EXISTENCE

4. REUSE_ALV_EVENTS_GET

5. REUSE_ALV_COMMENTARY_WRITE

6. REUSE_ALV_FIELDCATALOG_MERGE

7. REUSE_ALV_LIST_DISPLAY

8. REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY

9. REUSE_ALV_POPUP_TO_SELECT

0 Kudos

Hariharan, Thanks for the reply. If possible could you provide an example.

Please, be specific to the problem.