Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alv blocked list report interactive problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi abapers,

my requirement is alv blocked and interactive alv functionality.

usally by using SET PARAMETERS ID 'xxx' we can read that particular data dictionary table field name into selfiled structure,

in case of not a data dictionary table field name i.e. (I declared an local strucure in program). so if i want get that field name into

selfield structure? what to do? plz help me on this?

thanks and regards,

prasad.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi new one,

obviously you are new to basic concepts of ALV.

Other wise you may know that an ALV display has nothing to do with the SET PARAMETER ID ABAP command.

In ALV you have a field catalog. The selfield structure is filled based on the name given in the field catalog.

I think the best thing you can do is start with SALV because this is future oriented technology released by SAP. The rest is backwards oriented and obsolete in the near future. And never released by SAP for customer use.

Regards,

Clemens

2 REPLIES 2

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi new one,

obviously you are new to basic concepts of ALV.

Other wise you may know that an ALV display has nothing to do with the SET PARAMETER ID ABAP command.

In ALV you have a field catalog. The selfield structure is filled based on the name given in the field catalog.

I think the best thing you can do is start with SALV because this is future oriented technology released by SAP. The rest is backwards oriented and obsolete in the near future. And never released by SAP for customer use.

Regards,

Clemens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Clemens