Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alter Fileds in an existing table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to every body,

I have a doubt that if i want to edit filed names in already existing table i am getting an error that we cant alter table fileds

and so can any one help me in solving my problem

Regards,

Sasi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

luis_quispe
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, What error?

Also may be because the field is used in a view, or refers to another table or is PK, etc.

regards

lquispe

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First you check that you have Authorized or not. If table is standard table, you can't chage the fields.

Regards,

Bhaskar

luis_quispe
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, What error?

Also may be because the field is used in a view, or refers to another table or is PK, etc.

regards

lquispe

0 Kudos

hi thanks a lot for your reply

the error i am getting:

Enhancement category for table missing

Message no. DT192

what exactly Enhancement category means..?

0 Kudos

I created two tables namely:

1.ZBILLING

2.CUSTOMER

yes you are right i created VIEW "ZBILLCUST" by using this two tables and 1 common field "CNO"

but now i am trying to change another field but not CNO

but i am getting "Enhancement category" Missing error

as you said i am that particular table is used by view but i am not trying to change the common field and so i am not able to change the field name

Please help me to solve mp problem

Regards,

Sasi Vardhan

0 Kudos

Enhancement Category defines whether a table can be modified further or not. You can define it from the menu Extra-> Enhancement Category.

And define it as 'Table can be enhanced' and then activate it. Then try to change something in that what you want and then activate it again.

Hope it will help you.

0 Kudos

I TRIED BUT I AM UNABLE TO CHANGEMY FIELDS, AND I AM GETTING INTERNAL ERROR TOO

0 Kudos

Hi!

'Enhancement category for table missing' - this is not an error, only a warning, so it's not relevant.

Usually you have to do the followings to remove a field from a table:

1. You have to delete the field within SE11

2. Activate the table, that will result an error, if there are entries in the table. The table will be partially active.

3. Run SE14 transaction to maintain the table entries also

4. Table will be activated after the SE14

Regards

Tamá

0 Kudos

THANKS A LOT

sujeet2918
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes. you can not alter existing standard field name. if you want to then add one field in include.

Regards,

Sujeet