Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALE logical system to client

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is assignment of SAP logical system to client mandatory...

I understand that we can give dummy names like SAP_A as logical systems but is it mandatory to assign them to clients..

I think Idoc can be sent to the respective SAP system through ports instead of a particular LS

7 REPLIES 7

mithun_shetty4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ya in case you are using LS as us partner profile !! u have to assign logical system to client .

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hema,

How you are planning to send the data.Can you explain.

Regards,

Madhu.

0 Kudos

hi,

say if i have a LS name SAP_A and another as SAP_B and I do not assign clients to them

then i create a RFC dest and port pointing tp SAP_B client 100 and send matmas idoc to SAP_B using this port

will not this work ??

I do not think here it is mandatory to assign client to LS....or am I wrong??

0 Kudos

send matmas idoc to SAP_B using this port

How do you intend to send the MATMAS IDoc to SAP_B system via the port?

When a Master IDoc is generated, it checks the distribution model to find which logical systems are configured to receive this IDoc. Based on this one or more communication IDocs are generated which are then dispatched to the relevant systems.

I'll suggest you read the ALE architecture to understand the significance of Logical System.

BR,

Suhas

0 Kudos

Hi Suhas,

I have configured a logical system called SAP_B and created a distribution model for the same...

will this not work without assignning the client to SAP_B....this is what my question is...i have no doubt that the LS will be required

0 Kudos

this client assignment to logical system is about your sending system.

the steps for ALE config are following only:

1) IMG > SAP NetWeaver > Application Server > IDoc Interface / Application Link Enabling (ALE) > Basic Settings > Logical systems > Define Logical System

2) IMG > SAP NetWeaver > Application Server > IDoc Interface / Application Link Enabling (ALE) > Modelling and Implementing Business Processes > Configure Predefined ALE Business Processes > Logistics > Logistics <-> External Systems > External Transportation Planning Systems > Maintain ALE Port Definition (Transaction WE21)

3) IMG > SAP NetWeaver > Application Server > IDoc Interface / Application Link Enabling (ALE) > Modelling and Implementing Business Processes > Global Organizational Units > Cross-System Company Codes (Transaction OB72, SALE, OBB5)

4) IMG > SAP NetWeaver > Application Server > IDoc Interface / Application Link Enabling (ALE) > Modelling and Implementing Business Processes > Maintain Distribution Model and Distribute Views (Transaction BD64)

5) IMG > SAP NetWeaver > Application Server > IDoc Interface / Application Link Enabling (ALE) > Modelling and Implementing Business Processes > Configure Predefined ALE Business Processes > Logistics > Master Data Distribution > Proposal for distribution model: Customer and vendor masters (Transaction WYL2)

6) IMG > SAP NetWeaver > Application Server > IDoc Interface / Application Link Enabling (ALE) > Modelling and Implementing Business Processes > Configure Predefined ALE Business Processes > Logistics > Logistics <-> External Systems > External Transportation Planning Systems > Maintain ALE Partner Profiles (Transaction WE20)

0 Kudos

Hi,

still you can send idocs and this setting(assigning of logical system to client) is an attempt to make one-to-one relation between client and logical system i.e assigning a name to a client of SAP system. This will result in better understandability especially when passing idocs among different clients of same SAP system. it is not possible to send idocs within same client.

regards,

Kishore.