Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALE Idocs - Version difference

gowrinath_gundu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We are establishing connection to transfer idoc between two different SAP systems without using middle ware. Does system version needs to be same for both systems to transfer idocs.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Gowrinath.

3 REPLIES 3

Richa_Gupta
Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think so it must be same.

Take it as an example between SAP ERP and SAP CRM where both have different versions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gowrinath,

I think it does matter. Take for example MBGMCR (message type). The idoc types for this message type can be MBGMCR01/02/03.

MBGMCR01 was released for the basis release 45A where as MBGMCR03 is for basis release 700. So if one of your system is in a earlier release then you might not be able to send a specific idoc type.

You can check these in WE30.

For ex: Use MBGMCR01 in WE30 and display the idoc type. In the next screen you can click on the header to understand which release is this idoc type used for.

Similarly each of the segment definition has a version and a corresponding release. This details can be verified via WE31.

Thanks,

Vikram.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gowrinath,

What process are using for sending the IDOC. What I mean to say is What are you using in the middle of both system as an intermediate.

Ravi