Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALE clients in single R/3 system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am having a single R/3 system for which i have set different clients. But if i want to exchange data between these clients through ALE under single R/3 system ,then i am unable to create 2 clients with the same key i.e. '800'.

Is it possible to transfer data under a single R/3 system between 2 clients...

Thank You.

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, it is possible to transfer data between 2 clients.

you have to give two different names.

7 REPLIES 7

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, it is possible to transfer data between 2 clients.

you have to give two different names.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Goutham ,

But can i create the different clients with the same key i.e "800"....i want to create both clients i.e. "SystemA" & "SystemB" with same key "800"....Please suggest..

Shrikant.

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, you cannot use same key for both.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then if i am not using a same key for different clients....then it would be possible to transfer data under same R/3 system.....

Shrikant.

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suppose you have 2 clients 800 ,810 in Scc4 of your system.

Now you can define 2 logical systems for both systems in bd54

and use them to transfer data between clients.

Former Member
0 Kudos

800 is key to a particular client, so how can you assign the same number to two different client, your number 800 is to identfy a particular client in your system, so it always should be unique.

With luck,

Pritam.

former_member203501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi srikanth,

i think there is no wa for creating two clients for the same key. create the two cleints using the tcode scc4 and assing different keys such as 200 and 300. and define two logical systems in the two clients and transfer the data between them.