Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADT in Eclipse: Shortcut key not worling

former_member192842
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Certain shortcut keys in Eclipse is not working.

Ctrl+Alt+Up: Duplicate line is not working. On analyses found that Up arrow key is not considered as Up command.

Ctrl+<: Comment is not working. Here also < is not considered. Since "<" and "," comes in the same key, "," is considered instead of "<".

In such cases is the correct solution is to change the shortcut keys as per my keyboard setup or Am i missing anything there that needs to considered?

Regards

Anand

2 REPLIES 2

Armin_Beil
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

It is possible that other running programs on your computer are using the same key combinations so they are "blocked" for eclipse. You can try to find out which program uses the same shortcut and then solve the conflict by changing the configuration in the other program.

You can also change the shortcut configuration in eclipse: Window -> Prefrences -> General -> Keys (or Ctrl+Shift+L twice).

Best regards,
Armin

sdfraga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have solved this by disabling the hot keys in the video card drivers.

Check this site: https://engtech.wordpress.com/2006/08/01/stupid-windows-features-monitor-display-turns-sideways-or-u...

Best Regards

Sérgio