Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Column in MD04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have added an additional column in MD04 however the requirement is that the column should not be visible if there is no data in it.

Please let me know how could this be achieved since using parameter CBUTT1 = 0 in method FILL_ADD_COLUMNS will hide the column permanently even if the value exists in the column for any requirement line.

Thanks and Regards

aman

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am able to achieve the above requirement by using the following code:

IF cbutt2 = ' '.

CBUTT1 = '0'.

cbutt2 = '0'.

ENDIF.

Since i am not adding any second button hence cbutt2 will always be blank and hence i am setting cbutt1 as 0 from 1 initially.

Whenever the field gets a value, I set CBUTT1 as 1.

Thereby, the requirement gets solved. However, will this be a good way since incase the user wants anothyer button and he activates that button then CBUTT2 will not be blank and hence the logic will not get executed.

Is there a way wherein I can create a STATIC variable similar to subroutines in classes also so that one the value is set in this variable, it does not gets re-initialized.

Thanks and Regards

Aman

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Query Solved.

Set ez1_mode = '0'' in ACTIVATE_ADD_COLUMNS and set CBUTT1 to 1 whenever condition becomes true.

Thanks and Regards

Aman