Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addition of custom field to SAP query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have to add a custom field to ME80RN transaction. While executing this transaction, the SAP query ME80FN gets dynamically called. If we can add a field to this existing SAP query, then our requirement will be met.

But to change the existing query, we have to change the corresponding info type i.e., /SAPQUERY/ME80RN. While tried to change the infotype i got the below message.

"Make repairs in foreign namespaces only if they if they are urgent".

Also I came to know that there might be some performance issues if we modify the existing infotype.

Please confirm the above point & also suggest me whether I should modify the standard SAP query or the copy of it.

Please do respond me at the earliest.

Regards

Sayee

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not advisable to change the standard SAP Query. More than that most of the SAP Queries are locked by the owner and so you cannot make any changes to the same.

But there is a way out.

Use the Transport option and download the UserGroups, Infosets & Queries pertaining to ME80FN.

There will be 2 usergroups to be downloaded.

/SAPQUERY/MB

/SAPQUERY/ME

Open these files using the standard text editor (notepad.exe) and change these names to your usergroups in the system.

Next download the Infoset /SAPQUERY/ME80FN

similarly open the file using the notepad & modify the infoset /SAPQUERY/ME80FN to your infoset &

usergroups /SAPQUERY/ME to your usergroup defined in the system.

Finally download the Query ME80FN

Similarly open the file using the notepad & modify the query to change the infoset name from /SAPQUERY/ME80FN to your infoset & usergroups /SAPQUERY/ME to your usergroup defined in the system.

Then upload the above 3 files in sequence as follows

1. UserGroup

2. Infoset

3. Queries

Then open up the SQ01 and go the query ME80FN in the usergroup space given by you.

Make a copy of this queries ME80FN to ZME80FN.

Now you have to modify the Infoset pertaining to the query ZME80FN to include the fileds you wnat in the field groups.

Then edit the query ZME80FN to include these fields on your output list.

Generate the Program for this query ZME80FN.

Modify the Program name in SE93 for the t-code ME80FN to reflect the above query program name and transport this.

I hope this should work fine.

Kindly test this on the Test Client first & upon success getting the required changes replicaate the same in Production client.

Trust this solves your problem.

For your information i have done this & i could succeed on this.

Regards,

Srini.