Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add new field on BDT screen

former_member276384
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm working with SAP SLCM and I need to add a custom field on the student "standard address" tab, which is an BDT screen. For any reason I can't see the new field on the BDT screen. These were my steps:

1. On PIQSTM transaction, on address tab, look at the structure used for the address --> ADDR2_DATA structure

2. Enhance ADDR2_DATA with an append structure with the new field

2. Enhance ADRC table with an append structure with the new field

4. Look at SPRO the BDT Image assigned for the "standard address" tab --> PSCM90 BDT image

5. Go to BUS5 transaction and look at the PSCM90 image --> PSCI51 section is my new target

6. Go to BUS4 transaction and look at the PSCI51 section --> BUA110 view is my new target

7. Go to BUS3 transaction and look at the BUA110 view --> a lot of group fields found here so...

8. Go to BUS2 transaction and create a new group field called 0601, and add the field ADDR2_DATA-NEW_FIELD

9. Go again to BUS3 transaction and add the 0601 group field on the BUA110 view

10. Go to transaction BUSB to link ADDR2_DATA-NEW_FIELD with ADRC-NEW_FIELD

As I cannot see the new field on the PIQSTM transaction I can assume that there is some step missing but I can't find it. Please, can you put some light on it? Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Jordi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

did you move your changes via scc1 tcode (coz it is configuration which is not cross client) if not you 'll not see any changes/ i will repeat the steps:

1) create field group;

2) create view (do not fogget to create your own function group and screen ans PBO PAI FM's which are used to get and set values) and did you add PBO and PAI modules which call BUS_PBO and BUS_PAI FMs;

3) create section or assign view to existing one;

4) create screen or assign section to standard screen;

5) regenerate screen via busp tcode;

6) move changes/transport via scc1;

br,

dez_

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

did you move your changes via scc1 tcode (coz it is configuration which is not cross client) if not you 'll not see any changes/ i will repeat the steps:

1) create field group;

2) create view (do not fogget to create your own function group and screen ans PBO PAI FM's which are used to get and set values) and did you add PBO and PAI modules which call BUS_PBO and BUS_PAI FMs;

3) create section or assign view to existing one;

4) create screen or assign section to standard screen;

5) regenerate screen via busp tcode;

6) move changes/transport via scc1;

br,

dez_

0 Kudos

Hi dez_,

thanks for your reply. Maybe the changes are not cross client and should be transported with SCC1 transactions, but I can't see any changes on the development client. I haven't created the PBO/PAI logic because I'm only testing if the field is shown or not. ¿How can I set/modify the fields layout? (Pushbuttons and so on...)

I have used BUSP transaction to regenerate all the BDT images but nothing hapened.

Regards,

Jordi

0 Kudos

i think you forgot to assign custom function group and screen with your custom fields to view. Read this article (as an example) about BDT and everything should be clear.

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70d0507d-c39d-2b10-a18d-f559293a75ed?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

br,

dez_

0 Kudos

Cool! It helped a lot!

Now I have the new field on the screen but on the PBO/PAI function modules the ADDR2_DATA structure is initial and I can't access any global variable.

I guess that I must look forward for function modules to get from memory/set to memory the ADDR2_DATA structure.

Regards,

Jordi