Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to the file /usr/sap/trans/sapnames/<userid> is not permitted

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

After changing the program & while saving the program facing the below program.

Access to the file /usr/sap/trans/sapnames/<userid> is not permitted. The operating system registered the following errors:

Its very urgent please help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member204787
Contributor

Hi Raymond,

User has developed one program & deleted that user id from the system.

Now i am( Other then the user who created the program) trying to change the program, then I am facing this issue . I have SAP_ALL .

@prabhakar....We are not accessing for any file.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you explain in detail what your are trying to do . i.e. how you are accessing the file.which statemnt you are using to access.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First, did you check if the authorization problem is actually SAP/Abap relevant (e.g. calling AUTHORITY_CHECK_DATASET or analyzing Automatic Authorization Checks)

The operating system registered the following errors:

If this is not the case ask the server administrators the necessary authorizations.

Regards,

Raymond

former_member204787
Contributor

Hi Raymond,

User has developed one program & deleted that user id from the system.

Now i am( Other then the user who created the program) trying to change the program, then I am facing this issue . I have SAP_ALL .

@prabhakar....We are not accessing for any file.

0 Kudos

Also check with transaction FILE, the placeholder <userid> should have been replaced with actual user id (or did you hide actual value for posting here ) - FILE_GET_NAME / Logical File Names

Did you ask Server admin for current/default authorization granted to SAP users  on the server directory ?

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Try using se03. change Object Directory ->Change person responsible for objects. if not possible by first method

Change EDTX field in TRDIR table it will remove editors lock. You can use a  z report program to  clear that flag.

0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Changed the object directory entry from program level.

Thanks for valuable information.Issue got resolved.

@raymond...Thanks a lot for your valuable solutions.

Regards,

Chandra.