Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About tree control

former_member1330001
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Refer Transaction CJ20N.I am doing an enhancement in Transaction CJ20N.I have added a tab with few fields in the Project definition level as well as in the WBS Element level.The fields in WBS Element has got some dependancy over the fields in the Project Definition Level. Whenever i populate a particular field in the Project Definition level the value for all the subsequent WBS Element levels field has to be calculated and populated automatically.How to do this?.

Please lemme know if i am not clear. Prompt replies would be rewarded suitably. Its very urgent.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Tamilarasan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to calculate some fields automatically, you could try the following:

- make a substitution for PS (tcode OPSN).

- add this substitution in your project profile(s) (tcode OPS1)

If the field you want to substitute is a Z-field (you have problably added this field in CI_PRPS) then you should add this field to table GB01 first to make a substitution on this field possible.

Hope this helps,

Bert

4 REPLIES 4

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to calculate some fields automatically, you could try the following:

- make a substitution for PS (tcode OPSN).

- add this substitution in your project profile(s) (tcode OPS1)

If the field you want to substitute is a Z-field (you have problably added this field in CI_PRPS) then you should add this field to table GB01 first to make a substitution on this field possible.

Hope this helps,

Bert

0 Kudos

Hey Bert,

Thanks. That seems to be an interesting suggestion. But i have not used it. Can u tell me how to use it?. If you got a document or something.. would be useful. Then how to add our z-field to the GB01 table? Actually my requirement is to calculate the Order date (added thru screen exit) in the WBS Element Level based on the value entered in the Pre-order Date field (added thru screen exit) in the Project defintion level.

And if you have a good knowledge in PS please try to answer my recent post 'Enhancement for CJ01,CJ02'.

Thanks.

Regards,

Tamilarasan.

Message was edited by: Tamilarasan Lakshmanan

0 Kudos

Hi,

No, i'm sorry but i have no document.

For making your Z-field a field for substitution read note 358473. This note in short has the following steps:

1. make a z-program with code like

REPORT ZZGB01 .

tables: gb01.

gb01-boolclass = '071'.

gb01-classtype = 'S'.

gb01-bcltab = 'PRPS'.

gb01-bclfield = '<YOUR Z-FIELD>'. <==== !!!!

gb01-bexclude = ' '.

modify gb01.

3. Start the program.

4. Start program RGUGBR00 with 'Generate Subst. exp. routines'.

5. Start GGB1 en make the substitution. Your Z-field is now available.

Good luck.

Bert

0 Kudos

Hi Bert,

Thanks a bunch. I may need your help some day as I am working on a module based on PS. If you dont mind can i have your e-mail ID? Mail me at ltamilarasan@hotmail.com.

Thanks

Tamilarasan.

Message was edited by: Tamilarasan Lakshmanan